Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Husband Goes To Jail For Shooting Robber Who Was Holding His Wife At Gun Point

ChewYxRage said:
Yeah well he could have avoided multiple felonies by have a peice of paper up to date.

possibly...but not necessarily. They still could've charged him with assault with a deadly weapon (felony), and I bet they would've.

Razorguns said:
Can you IMAGINE how safe california would be -- if tomorrow all the victims could start packin'?

It sure as hell worked in Florida in the 80's. They had a "Wyatt Earp Law" (nickname), where people could carry weapons unconcealed without a permit. People did like the old wild west days and strapped holstered guns to themselves. I forget all the numbers and %'s, etc., but crime went WAY down. A would be criminal would think twice before robbing a guy with a gun on his hip, or raping a lady displaying a handgun.

In the majority of states this case would be clear cut, liberal states however, gets a lil stupid.

I take it the whole A mans home is his castle logic doesn't apply here, because in states that follow that doctrine, if an intruder breaks into your home with intent to harm, you are within your rights to do anything you see fit, as long as it remains on your own property. the retreat doctrine only applies outside and only if imminent danger has passed, considering these people by the friends account knew the victim, imminent danger was still present, they easily could have rearmed themselves and returned considering they had his keys. Imminent danger despite retreat was not past, and the defendant was in his right to do what he did, he was stupid however for not shooting both robbers in the head and kill them bc now he will be stuck in courts and all that legal bs

XBiker said:
The constitution doesn't matter?

Yes, it does.

It's a RIGHT to bear arms under the constitution.

It becomes a PRIVELEDGE at the state level, as they are RESTRICTING the RIGHT that is guaranteed via the CONSTITUTION.

Reread my earlier post. A jurisdiction can be MORE restrictive, but not less. The litmus test is if it's constitutional or not. A state supreme court would make that decision and it might possible go all the way up to the US Supreme court if needed.

However, seeing as many judges weigh their decisions on the "greater good", it would probably stand as constitutional, as in NOT conflicting with the higher law, which is the US Constitution.

You don't get what I am saying.
In MASS the state has laws about handgun ownership.

1 - You must be licensed to purchase one
2 - You must be licensed to carry a handgun

You want to obsess over the constitution, fine, the explain why different states have different guidlines for income tax?

The guy wasn't arrested for using a gun to defend himself he was arrested for not keeping his paper work up to date and frankly that's his own dam fault.

I bet he won't do THAT again will he?

Last edited:
manny78 said:
That's pure bullshit. Sadly, he didnt kill the robber and that's the only thing he did wrong.

LOL

You're right.
Now he'll get a personal suit for ingury and bleed him for money for the rest of his life.

So he's an idiot for not putting a bullet in his head and a bigger idiot for letting himself be wide open for being arrested over a technicallity.

Maybe he should bring BIker and P0ink in for counsel and plead BUT THE CONSTITUTION SAID I COULD and see how far he gets.

velvett said:
LOL

You're right.
Now he'll get a personal suit for ingury and bleed him for money for the rest of his life.

So he's an idiot for not putting a bullet in his head and a bigger idiot for letting himself be wide open for being arrested over a technicallity.

Maybe he should bring BIker and P0ink in for counsel and plead BUT THE CONSTITUTION SAID I COULD and see how far he gets.

I know some states have laws dealing with suits and felons. I know that Florida specifically forbids felons for suing if it happened during a felony. But he's still an idiot. When you shoot, you shoot to kill. That's true as a cop and as a civilian.

If it's worth shooting, it's worth death.

manny78 said:
I know some states have laws dealing with suits and felons. I know that Florida specifically forbids felons for suing if it happened during a felony. But he's still an idiot. When you shoot, you shoot to kill. That's true as a cop and as a civilian.

If it's worth shooting, it's worth death.

I've heard that - not sure which states though.
I know in NY if the a robber is IN the house I can shoot, if the robber is prowling around the house I can not.

I totally agree.

Top Bottom