Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how does walking burn fat?

smr91481

i'm talking about just regular walking...like just down the road. i know all these women who lose fat just by casually walking down the road talking to each other for a couple miles. if they're walking at a pretty normal pace, then how does their heart rate get high enough to burn calories?? just wondering cause i can't stand running.

Any amount of physical activity burns calories. In fact, breathing, sleeping, chewing gum all burns cals. So if these "old people" walk a lot, they are going to burn a little body fat.

The best way to burn calories is to be covered in muscle... you can burn fat by sitting on your ass. This is one reason so many dieters who diet without exercise fail. They lose muscle instead of fat until the calorie deficit no longer works.

that's not really my problem... i lift 4 times a week i just can't force myself to run. and i need to lose a pretty good bit of bodyfat.

I think more importantly than running, is your diet.

Im not doing any cardio, just low rest times between sets. Plus, i watch my diet closely. Thats the most important part!

It takes a lot of oxygen to burn fat.....about 3x more than burning other calories. When you're doing vigorous cardio, your heart needs to pump harder and faster for oxygen to support the body. With so much oxygen needed to sustain the body in high-intensity cardio, there is little oxygen available to burn fat. That's why running isn't recommended. With walking, your body and heart doesn't have to work as hard to use up a lot of oxygen, so more oxygen can be available for fat burning. :D

Top Bottom