Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

heading to cali

iggy

Elite Mentor
Platinum
to make a documentary.

in life, you walk through roads that you have to cross, and walls you have to jump over....

i've spent the last two years honing my skills, and i'm finally confident in my craft to do something very big.

I fear that if i don't do this soon, and keep waiting and doing other peoples work over the years, i'll lose that burning desire in me. in my experience talking to people (27 up), their passion/dreams aren't the same at that age as it was when they were younger, and they lose touch of the drive/passion they once had.

i feel as if i stay stagnant now, i'll never make a profound impact as an artist and my voice won't be heard as it should.

Enter American Dreams....

A road movie we're filming. it's myself, another 23 year old filmmaker, our super-holy camerman (25), a musician, and a super artsy female friend of ours.

I've always been looking for an answer....
to what? i'm not sure.
i know i need to do some soul-searching out there and figure things out.

we plan on riding bikes (not motorcycles) to cali from florida, and filming the whole thing. we'll be staying with friends/couchsurfing along the way and getting a ton of timelapses. we're going to hit new orleans, houston, new mexico, arizona, las vegas, all the way to california, where i'll pitch a script i've been working on for four years to executives.

we look forward to the people we meet along the path and hearing their stories. maybe i'll be able to figure out if the american dream still exists today.... if you can make your dreams come true out of nothing with hard work, drive, passion, and desire....

my filmmaking buddy started a non-profit for diabetes since his father died of it, and was an avid cyclist beforehand. that's part of the reason he's going along.

this is by far the craziest thing i've ever done. i might have to sell my car and a few other things if we run into some rough patches, but i think we'll be okay. in two days, we've already had $5,000 donated to us, and we're currently working on getting redbull to sponsor us.

i guess i had the ambition to go for this after i witnessed that my buddy quickly reached his goal on kickstarter to make a documentary.

anyways, no one has EVER done a road movie on bicycles....

i look forward to the experience, and even if my script gets rejected dozens of times, i'll at least knew that i tried everything i could in my prime to make my dreams come true.

i'll cut it after we finish the trip, have my composer score it, and submit it to cannes just in time, and sundance a few months later.

In december, we'll have a kickstarter up, and if you guys believe in me too, back us. I promise you'll get a lot out of it in return....

Last edited:
bro sounds super ambitious i hope you succed.
watch out for the superdave sorts in the south, have you seen delieverance/easy rider?
ruffians.
is affeedz the super antsy female? she might be a good bargaining chip for the texan heehaws that will surely attempt to rape and massacare your bunghole

we're strapped bro (the musicians a rapper). we'll be okay. no ngrs are gonna jump me this time around.... (lol)

if any of you'd be down to host us, it'd be appreciative too. i have to get everything worked out this next month with our exec producer who's handling all the logistics, but i'd be down to meet any of you along the way.
can't promise you'll be in the film (we'll probably have 5 tb's to edit after), but there is a chance you'll made it in the final cut

we're strapped bro (the musicians a rapper). we'll be okay. no ngrs are gonna jump me this time around.... (lol)

if any of you'd be down to host us, it'd be appreciative too. i have to get everything worked out this next month with our exec producer who's handling all the logistics, but i'd be down to meet any of you along the way.
can't promise you'll be in the film (we'll probably have 5 tb's to edit after), but there is a chance you'll made it in the final cut

bro i'm north of ca about 20 miles right off the 5.
proly off your route, but i'd let you crash here

Youre not gonna do shit.

Just kidding rob, sounds like a lot of fun and Im in Austin if you need some badass footage of a dude in a leather jacket on a motorcycle

Top Bottom