Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Great game, MISERABLE superbowl party

nefertiti

Memeber
Elite Moderator
Warning: This is a self indulgent rant.

So yesterday I met ten of possibly the worst people I've ever met in my life. Since the bf is in SD for work, I tagged along with a girl friend of mine to the house of a friend of hers. I don't think I've ever had to try so hard to pretend that I didn't want to bolt for the door in my entire life.

Let's start with the host - He was actually one of the more tolerable people there. However, he greeted me in an almost completely open bathrobe and thin boxers that he didn't change out of (and into clothes) till halftime. Right off the bat it was apparent that this was a group of people who were close with each other and I was going to be "that random girl no one knows." OK - I can do that. I'm pretty outgoing, just find some common ground and run with it.

Within ten minutes I realized finding common ground was going to be nearly impossible. Of the two girls I didn't know, one made eye contact with me maybe five times total. She was too busy complaining about losing her $3000 dollar limited edition chanel purse to bother with little people such as myself. In fact, this girl was that type of person who, whenever they enter a room, they suck the air out of it. An extremely dominant personality who would settle for nothing less than being the center of attention. She made sure to drop tidbits here and there for Sara and I, and the couple of random people coming through, so that we would know just how "a-list" she was (her term). Example - "I'm so glad I didn't go to this game." or, "I didn't want washington life to take my picture so I threw up my middle finger when it flashed. I was like, I want to be in a magazine, but not yours!! Somehow they got another picture of me with a shit eating grin on my face, and they ran that. Oh well." (Washington Life is DC's "society" magazine) The few times I attempted to engage her in conversation her answers were short and borderline rude. She made some comment later on in the night - "And that's why I'm single!" I couldn't help but think to myself that I could think of a few other reasons. She brought out a side of me I didn't like, because the nastier she got, the more I wanted to take her down a notch or two. But I resisted.

The other girl was nice enough, but her boyfriend was a complete douchebag. Forget that he had two - not one, but TWO - popped collars, but I think I heard him use the phrase "poor people" at LEAST four times, twice after hyundai commercials and i'm sure it was dropped in a few other choice moments.

Another guy there was talking about how he dumped a girl he was dating because he couldn't get over her lack of "pedigree." ...The fuck?! And they were all like this. Unreasonably snooty, overinflated sense of self importance, laughed a little too hard at their own jokes, stroked themselves a little too obviously, etc etc.

The bizarre thing for me was, the girl I went with, Sara, is not like that at all. She came from a blue collar PA family, she's down to earth, fun, maybe a bit flighty and something of a social butterfly, but she's really sweet and a solid person - moat of these people were friends of hers, which is why I behaved myself. But I finally ended up bailing when, after the game, they started snorting some unknown substance off the table (the guy was dumping it out of pill capsules). I seriously deserve a freaking oscar for the performance I put on (I made it seem like I was being quiet because I was shy, rather than because I was riddled with disgust), especially considering Sara saying to me today, "Glad you had fun last night!" Meanwhile, my back is still one huge knot of tension.

Ugh.

snorting unknown substances in front of strangers.. thats normal.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but it caught me off guard. I had a good friend a few years back who was a habitual coke user but even she didn't ever do it in front of me or tell me till after knowing me about a month. they were also smoking pot out of some funky looking contraption I'd never seen before that the guy called a "vaporizor." I felt like such a virgin in the middle of an orgy.

that in no way is normal.. i could never just bust out yayo and start railing lines in front of someone i dont even know unless i knew they were cool with it..

You would have fit in better if you told them about my kat pics.

nefertiti said:
lol...I don't need to fit in with people like that. I'm too nice.

You too nice to tell you friend you didn't like them?

My friends know not to bring me around people like that.

I didn't watch 1 second of the Super Bowl, and don't like football. But, I would love to have gone to that party. I have fun with those types of people.

what is a "popped" collar?

may have been Meth, just think how many pills it would take to get a line, much less for a group. It'd take forever to cap up that many, unless their like horse pills or something......

all the whey said:
You too nice to tell you friend you didn't like them?

My friends know not to bring me around people like that.

I didn't watch 1 second of the Super Bowl, and don't like football. But, I would love to have gone to that party. I have fun with those types of people.

Oh I'll talk to Sara the next time I see her. But ditching her would have been rude. In that situation I am a friend and guest first, and my mother actually raised me with manners - in contrast to the way they were apparently raised.

txbondsman said:
what is a "popped" collar?

may have been Meth, just think how many pills it would take to get a line, much less for a group. It'd take forever to cap up that many, unless their like horse pills or something......

lol

I would have asked that guy 50 questions about his 2 popped collars. lol

Top Bottom