Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Could Mike Tyson be natural?

Mohamed Ali was smart to. He took a few to many blows to the head.
Foreman's still a cool dude. Many of the implication's of boxing show themselves when its to late.

Mohamed Ali was smart to. He took a few to many blows to the head.

Ali is suffering from Parkinson's disease (a condition caused by the death of a great percentage of one's dopaminergic neurons). Their is very little evidence that repeated trauma to the frontal lobe can result in this condition. It can cause similar symptoms (Former steeler great Mike Webster is a good example), but not to the degree that a parkinson's diagnosis would be made. Your comment is not only disrepectful, but ignoranant as well.

I think some of you are confusing being a
"smart fighter" with being smart.

Ali is the greatest tragedy of all because everyone thought he was smart enough to quit before he got hurt, but he didn't.

To say that blows to the head affect the brain is neither disrepectful or ignorant. A single punch to the head can cause irreperable damage. It's the horrible reality of the sport.

Lewis smart? His diction makes him sound better than he is. He often uses incorrect grammer. He's not a dunce, but no Rhodes scholar. Look, I'm not trying to put anyone down and there are exeptions to every rule, but boxing is not a game that educated people tend to get into. Even boxers will tell you that. And since this thread is about Mike Tyson, I have to say...the guy's dumber than paint.

Nelson Montana said:
I think some of you are confusing being a
"smart fighter" with being smart.

Ali is the greatest tragedy of all because everyone thought he was smart enough to quit before he got hurt, but he didn't.

To say that blows to the head affect the brain is neither disrepectful or ignorant. A single punch to the head can cause irreperable damage. It's the horrible reality of the sport.

thanks Nelson couldn't have summed it up better.

Yes I understand what both of you are saying and perhaps I did jump the gun. BUT getting your brains beat out on a continual basis can not cause parkinson's disease. Yes it absoluetly will result some brain damage, most likely in the prefrontal cortex region (responsbile for impulse-control, mood regulation, and attention span), but this injury is completely different from parkinson's disease. PD is the result of death of dopamine producing neurons in an area of the middle-brain known as the substantia nigra. Currently theory is that there is a strong genetic link along with an unknown external trigger. An interesting side note is that cigarette smoke lowers the risk of this disease by a statistically relevant margin.

Tyson is a big guy, not huge but in good condition, at least a fight time. However, any smart athlete who does not have a moral delima preventing them from using drugs, would use anabolics, because they will help you perform better in athletic activities, boxing included. I dont think tysons morals are keeping him from it so yes i say tyson has used considerable amounts of steroids. His physique suggests to me that he does traditional boxing workouts, some weight training, and juices. His muscles are well developed,but not huge like weight training, eating, and resting will develop them.-WULF

Top Bottom