Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

China beat USA in the Olympics medal count

Saudi Arabia could host the olympics next year and have 30 medals.

Dont' place too much emphasis on 'medal count'. It all comes down to representation anyways, which the USA has a disaprporitionate advantage compared it's population comapred to the rest of the world. If everything was fair, India could have 3x the # of competitors as USA. African countries 4x.

It's more like 'representation based upon dollars'.

r

If it was based on population, Australia with 20 million would be first, Great Britain second with 61 million, and the USA third with 300 million.

China with 1.3 billion would be quite far down the medal table.

It was also mentioned in our media that the USA media was the only nation to report on total medal count, rather than the IOC sanctioned gold medal ranking.

If it was based on population, Australia with 20 million would be first, Great Britain second with 61 million, and the USA third with 300 million.

It was also mentioned in our media that the USA media was the only nation to report on total medal count, rather than the IOC sanctioned gold medal ranking.

just further proof of other countries being haters, we have always looked at total medals.

The US are totally player-hated by other countries.
I agree we are boastful and I am honestly am embarrassed by how many americans act when they are overseas because I've seen it.... but when it comes down to it we really are the epicenter of what is happening finacially and socially because we, for the most part control what media is viewed by other countries in the world. We set the trends and the rest of the world follows...

I am sorry, do you seriously believe that?

I guess you are unaware of how many television programs and movies are re-made for the American market.

Financially, while we are all interlinked, I would say the Asian countries are the center now.

Trends, one word, fashion darling, fashion. That just is NOT happening in the USA. :)

This is the sort of very closed statement that people take issue with.

I realise you are told this, and yes there are American things that have gone global, like Coke, McDonalds, Levis, but for example, Indian and 'Bollywood' 'makes more movies, a phenomenal number more, than Hollywood.

AND they are starting to have more influence in the world than US pics.

WE saved you in WWI, WWII and you've been subservient since then. BTW, you were the first ones to fuck up the Middle East...We're cleaning up your mess as usual. Former mandates of the UK that are terrorist states...good thing we beat your ass a long time ago and won our feedom.

I can't believe you just said that.

do you honestly think if the US had 50 golds 15 silver and 10 bronze and china had 40 gold 20 silver and 30 bronze the US would still report on total medals? cmon lol!

Bahamas are first on the population table.

yep, the only country in the whole world to judge it on total medals rather than gold (which is very un-American, as they usually like winners)

I love the way Americans say they don't care when they do shit, maybe if more people starting caring, your country wouldn't be going down the plughole

If it wasn't for that freak Phelps, you'd be behind the UK who have a lowly population of 60 million compared to the zillions who live in the US :chomp:

bro, how can a brit be calling american out for going down the tubes?
take a good look at your country, the sun has sadly set on your empire, never to rise again.
the days of nelson and india and owing the suez canal and naval blockades are sadly over for you.
i like you but you are coming across like a euro snob

bro, how can a brit be calling american out for going down the tubes?
take a good look at your country, the sun has sadly set on your empire, never to rise again.
the days of nelson and india and owing the suez canal and naval blockades are sadly over for you.
i like you but you are coming across like a euro snob

you don't get it, our empire still exists, the former colonies live on in our image, just as South America lives on in Spain's, its a lasting hold

As I stated earlier, Soviet historians have given grudging respect to lend lease and they referred to D-day as the, "Diversion in the West." Like I stated, I wrote most of my papers on logistics, the British army shipped 90% of their supplies from England to support their army during the American revolution, that was an exceptional achievement. However, this is the list of lend lease sent to the Soviet Union by the US...
Aircraft 14,795
Tanks 7,056
Jeeps 51,503
Trucks 375,883
Motorcycles 35,170
Tractors 8,071
Guns 8,218
Machine guns 131,633
Explosives 345,735 tons
Building equipment valued $10,910,000
Railroad freight cars 11,155
Locomotives 1,981
Cargo ships 90
Submarine hunters 105
Torpedo boats 197
Ship engines 7,784
Food supplies 4,478,000 tons
Machines and equipment $1,078,965,000
Non-ferrous metals 802,000 tons
Petroleum products 2,670,000 tons
Chemicals 842,000 tons
Cotton 106,893,000 tons
Leather 49,860 tons
Tires 3,786,000
Army boots 15,417,001 pairs

I think you mean the Americans sold all those bits to the Russians.

You also sold things to us, and lent us money, which wasn't fully repaid until nearly 50 years later.

The problem with this is that the Germans were also given all sorts of, well sold, things from American corporations, tanks and planes in particular I believe.

GE had quite a few links with Nazi Germany, I am sure there are more, but it is early, I love history but it's not my forte, so I would have to look for this info.

Top Bottom