Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

China beat USA in the Olympics medal count

surely the indigenious cultures of india, eqypt, and s.africa are very greatful for colonizing/butchering/forcing the english way onto them.
still, lord nelson was a pimp and i've always loved the brit navy

India would be nowhere today without the British organisation and law, likewise South Africa, Nigeria and Egypt (oh and the US which without Britain would likely be as destitute as South America).

in that thread why was china listed at number 1 and the US at 2? lol. its because everyone else in the world realises china won the olympics!

Because it's the official website of the Beijing (China) Olympics?
Follow the column to the far right...

Because it's the official website of the Beijing (China) Olympics?
Follow the column to the far right...

exactly it is the officail website of the olympics which recognises china as the winner. the column on the far right is purely a count which provides no actual effect on the result. china won the olympics. follow the official column on the far left which starts with... 1. china

i'm a student of history and i completely agree
america won't be the big dawg forever, i accept that fact.
but it just seems those that are most pissy with us are those that have lost worldwide clout and act a bit jealous
are time in the sun won't last, but don't hate because your time in the sun is certainly over

I think Americans mistake people saying 'erm, excuse me, you chaps are blowing smoke up your own butts' for jealousy.

I think that there are benefits to being patriotic and proud, and there are some amazing things about the US, a few of my fav modern thinkers are American, Noam Chompky, Ken Wilbur for example.

However, all the posturing, chest beating, and larging oneself up does get tedious, which is why threads like this appear.

AND there are really amazing things, people, industries and economies happening in other countries in the world. It just seems that a lot of people in the USA are rarely aware of this.

The world uses a different way of ranking place in the Olympics, and even when presented with the facts, there is denial.

People get angry when they think they are not being listened to, which is the case in this thread for some.

surely the indigenious cultures of india, eqypt, and s.africa are very greatful for colonizing/butchering/forcing the english way onto them.
still, lord nelson was a pimp and i've always loved the brit navy

These hideous atrocities occurred in a different time, the world was a different place.

England is not in denial of what happened.

History classes in school include things like slave trade, looking at all of the situated knowledge related to it.

I suppose the one thing that always frustrates me about these threads is that the media and current schema of 'the Brits' for most Americans is probably about 100 years out of date.

It seems when the last major immigration from England occurred, around Victorian times, that is the same perception that most Americans hold, which couldn't be further from the truth.

All of that stuff about our Empire, in some ways we live with it as the culture has been so strongly influenced by India, but really, for most of us, it is history.

I find most Americans are quite surprised when they visit England, it isn't the grey, dismal and industrial place of literature.

:)

AND there are really amazing things, people, industries and economies happening in other countries in the world. It just seems that a lot of people in the USA are rarely aware of this.

precisely, many of them don't realise how big the world is outside of America, to a lot of them the US is the world and many have never been on holiday outside their own borders. I swear a lot of them think its just barren wasteland outside of it. Very sheltered thinking.

note: i'm aware not every american thinks like this but (too) many do

I think Americans mistake people saying 'erm, excuse me, you chaps are blowing smoke up your own butts' for jealousy.

I think that there are benefits to being patriotic and proud, and there are some amazing things about the US, a few of my fav modern thinkers are American, Noam Chompky, Ken Wilbur for example.

However, all the posturing, chest beating, and larging oneself up does get tedious, which is why threads like this appear.

The world uses a different way of ranking place in the Olympics, and even when presented with the facts, there is denial.

People get angry when they think they are not being listened to, which is the case in this thread for some.

this thread was made by a brit with the specific intention of mocking us/talking shit
how do you expect people to react?
the thread title says medal count, no denial we have more medals
which i could give a fug about, didn't watch one second of the olympics
when you attack someone, esp on there own turf, you should expect a bit of chest beating...just like if i went to a manchester footbal board and staring talking shit about england, the same in reverse would happen there
and judging by your american interests, you are a liberal thinker...so i think politics figures into a lot of your stances
i know you've been here before...but you don't know every american and what they know about worldwide affairs...lumping us together in some uneducated isolationist ball of unwashed mass doesn't do our diverse country any justice

when you attack someone, esp on there own turf, you should expect a bit of chest beating...

hold up, this is a .com fitness and bodybuilding website, there are people on here from all over the world, how is it American 'turf'?

hold up, this is a .com fitness and bodybuilding website, there are people on here from all over the world, how is it American 'turf'?

it's an american based board
addy is new york city
i'd guess 85% of the people here are american
don't talk shit and expect us to roll over like an imperial slave

Top Bottom