Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

China beat USA in the Olympics medal count

India would be nowhere today without the British organisation and law, likewise South Africa, Nigeria and Egypt (oh and the US which without Britain would likely be as destitute as South America).

gee, look how awesome your former colonies turned out
-india, suffered a devastating war when paki split, killing millions
-south africa, suffered rabid lawfully enforced racism, displacement and mutilation of indigenious peoples
-iraq, the creation of a state of people completely and ideologically different from one and another, sowing the seeds of future death and destruction

doesn't seem like colonization was so awesome afterall, with the millions that were killed...and btw, s.america's dysfunction is largely related to portugese and spainish colonization

gee, look how awesome your former colonies turned out
-india, suffered a devastating war when paki split, killing millions
-south africa, suffered rabid lawfully enforced racism, displacement and mutilation of indigenious peoples
-iraq, the creation of a state of people completely and ideologically different from one and another, sowing the seeds of future death and destruction

doesn't seem like colonization was so awesome afterall, with the millions that were killed...and btw, s.america's dysfunction is largely related to portugese and spainish colonization

India and South Africa are in decent shape today on the whole and have good values. Apartheid was a Dutch creation not British. These people would all be living in mudhuts and be open to widespread diseases were it not for European man.

Just out of interest, where are your ancestors from? :)

it's an american based board
addy is new york city

that is not apparent when you visit the site, like I said, people come on here from everywhere

don't talk shit and expect us to roll over like an imperial slave

I don't see China whupping you at the Olympics as 'talking shit', this is fact :)

India and South Africa are in decent shape today on the whole and have good values. Apartheid was a Dutch creation not British. These people would all be living in mudhuts and be open to widespread diseases were it not for European man.

italy
pretty sure the brits ran things once the dutch boers were pwned
correct?

that is not apparent when you visit the site, like I said, people come on here from everywhere

I don't see China whupping you at the Olympics as 'talking shit', this is fact :)

meh, i really don't give a fug
how did ole'jolly england hold up?
that's right
:)

italy
pretty sure the brits ran things once the dutch boers were pwned
correct?

yes but the apartheid (or forced racism as you call it) was by the Dutchmen in the north

anyway, I don't know why i'm discussing this, if Britain never invaded America you wouldn't even be using a computer today

teehee

Although the creation of apartheid is usually attributed to the Afrikaner-dominated government of 1948–1994, it is also partially a legacy of British colonialism which introduced a system of pass laws in the Cape Colony and Natal during the nineteenth century. [8][9][10] This stemmed from the regulation of blacks' movement from the tribal regions to those occupied by whites and coloureds, ruled by the British.[citation needed]

The British, for instance, passed the Franchise and Ballot Act in 1892, which limited the black vote by finance and education, following it up with the Natal Legislative Assembly Bill of 1894, which deprived Indians of the right to vote. In 1905 the Lagden Commission implemented the General Pass Regulations Bill, which denied blacks the vote altogether, limited them to fixed areas and inaugurated the infamous Pass System. Then followed the Asiatic Registration Act (1906) requiring all Indians to register and carry passes, the South Africa Act (1910) that enfranchised whites, giving them complete political control over all other race groups, the Native Land Act (1913) which prevented all blacks, except those in the Cape, from buying land outside 'reserves', the Natives in Urban Areas Bill (1918) designed to force blacks into 'locations', the Urban Areas Act (1923) which introduced residential segregation in South Africa and provided cheap labour for white industry, the Colour Bar Act (1926), preventing blacks from practising skilled trades, the Native Administration Act (1927) that made the British Crown, rather than paramount chiefs, the supreme head over all African affairs, the Native Land and Trust Act (1936) that complemented the 1913 Native Land Act and, in the same year, the Representation of Natives Act, which removed blacks from the Cape voters' roll. The final 'apartheid' legislation by the British was the Asiatic Land Tenure Bill (1946), which banned any further land sales to Indians.

pwned?

teehee

Although the creation of apartheid is usually attributed to the Afrikaner-dominated government of 1948–1994, it is also partially a legacy of British colonialism which introduced a system of pass laws in the Cape Colony and Natal during the nineteenth century. [8][9][10] This stemmed from the regulation of blacks' movement from the tribal regions to those occupied by whites and coloureds, ruled by the British.[citation needed]

The British, for instance, passed the Franchise and Ballot Act in 1892, which limited the black vote by finance and education, following it up with the Natal Legislative Assembly Bill of 1894, which deprived Indians of the right to vote. In 1905 the Lagden Commission implemented the General Pass Regulations Bill, which denied blacks the vote altogether, limited them to fixed areas and inaugurated the infamous Pass System. Then followed the Asiatic Registration Act (1906) requiring all Indians to register and carry passes, the South Africa Act (1910) that enfranchised whites, giving them complete political control over all other race groups, the Native Land Act (1913) which prevented all blacks, except those in the Cape, from buying land outside 'reserves', the Natives in Urban Areas Bill (1918) designed to force blacks into 'locations', the Urban Areas Act (1923) which introduced residential segregation in South Africa and provided cheap labour for white industry, the Colour Bar Act (1926), preventing blacks from practising skilled trades, the Native Administration Act (1927) that made the British Crown, rather than paramount chiefs, the supreme head over all African affairs, the Native Land and Trust Act (1936) that complemented the 1913 Native Land Act and, in the same year, the Representation of Natives Act, which removed blacks from the Cape voters' roll. The final 'apartheid' legislation by the British was the Asiatic Land Tenure Bill (1946), which banned any further land sales to Indians.

pwned?

Believe it or not, the right to vote was the least of their worries. Read up on apartheid. no pwn.

you might also want to compare South Africa to some other African countries which Britain didn't invade.

Whoa. Does your definition of decent shape include widespread starvation and AIDS?
I'll never deny the importance of our (America's) English heritage, or the greatness of the British crown.
Don't understand the false pride you feel towards China beating the US in the GOLD medal count. Now if you told me you were from Hong Kong, and immigrated to the UK, I'd understand. Is that the case?
We failed to win Olympics in the past, and will again in the future. Why does that give anyone other than those who bested us joy?

I know the question wasn't directed at me; but I'm 1/2 Norwegian (immigrant Mother), and 1/2 America mutt (Dutch, English, Scottish, Irish).
I root for Norway in the Olympics first, the US second, and the UK third. Basically I hope all the Scandinavian Countries, and all the English speaking Countries do well... That's my heritage, that's my Country, and that's my cultural brethren - for better or worse.

Top Bottom