Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing tall people

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boxing tall people

Bobber said:
I have to disagree with you on that one. The last 5 fights I have seen or been in have gone no longer than one minute either because of the guy getting over powered or just flat out out-skilled. I think that strength and know how is the way to go in a street fight.
The fact that they last under a minute does not take away from my assertion. Most street fights last under a minute. I've seen and been in plenty of fights that lasted well under a minute where the loser was simply drained. Lack of stamina = lack of strenght with time. It don't take very long in a heated one on one for most people to hack up a lung from exertion.

On the other hand, I know full well what your getting at with overpowering a guy. If your strong enough to DOMINATE quickly you can end the confrontation before your reserves are tapped.

I'll compromise and concede that a combination of the two is vital. However, assuming an "even match" strength wise, it's likely the one that can apply that strenght over time who will be the victor.

Bobber said:
Last night after the bars my friends and I were hammered and decided to box each other(I know it sounds like high school, but it was fun). I was boxing my friend that is 6'5 and lanky as fuck yet I could not do shit. Any time I would try to get inside he would give me a good lick and throw me off balance. I have never had to fight anyone that tall so when I couldn't get inside his freakin long as reach I got frustrated and resorted to the only type of fighting I am any good at and slammed him on his head. After last night I have a complete understanding of why Tyson got his ass dominated against Lewis and eventhough he is talented do not think he will ever be able to defeat him. You tall people have a great advantage when it comes to a civilized fight. But in a street fight yall stand virtually no chance over a guy who has a lower center of gravity.

C'mon Bobber, that's one of the most generalized statements that I have seen. I used to love to wrestle bigger, taller guys because I could defeat them with my strength and quickness. They knew that I was going to try and get them in a headlock and take them to the ground but they couldn't stop it. Once I wrestled this huge guy and made the mistake of letting him up and letting down my guard. He got me in a lock around the head with his fists pressing into my upper teeth. If I hadn't given up, I believe my teeth would have popped out.

Re: Re: Re: Boxing tall people

Testosterone boy said:

:confused: Wasn't that a movie or something?

yes it was. its old but I just saw it. Joe Pesci, a little pipsqueek of a man (not that im calling anyone here a pipsqueek) jumped about 2 feet in the air to pop a huge guy in the kisser:) i was LMFAO!

Re: Re: Boxing tall people

biteme said:

C'mon Bobber, that's one of the most generalized statements that I have seen.

What part? It seems to me that we are on the same page here.

Silent Method - I completely agree that if the physical and mental aspects of the fighters were equal then it would most deffinetly come down to stamina and endurance.

Originally posted by MP5
Might i recommend the "windmill" technique?

:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol:
i remember those fights in high school, or the those bombs where you crank back as much as possible and swing....hahahah

ed

Re: Re: Re: Re: Boxing tall people

Silent Method said:

Good points. I needed to say more than just "knows what he's doing." Dextarity, reaction times, stamina, speed, experience, strenght, endurance, and experience all play BIG parts in real world fights. So does circumstance.

I'd stick my neck out and say that stamina and endurance are two of the major factors that decide a very large percentage of street fights.
Very good point....At 6'5" I have a great advantage over many.... and while 220 lbs. is not that heavy I can get incredible leverage over people. A friend of mine who is 5'9" and a wrestler through college and now a HS coach was messin' with me one day... so we took it to the lawn.... he had me down in maybe 2-3 seconds, but it was not long before I was able to breach him and get up lifting him with me..... In a real fight he would have been done at that point... he's a friend so I just set him down and we laughed and I gave him his props for taking me down.....
The reach as well as the impact from a long arm snapping you as you try to get in close can be the end of your quest to take down the tall guy.
In the end I think it really comes down to what Silent said... I totally agree Bro.

PPS... And what Biteme said about the headlock... LOL... If the little guy wants to get me in headlock... I always let them.. LOL... cause then it's easier for me to pick them up while they are trying to hold on.. HEHE... I can through you a lot further when your all bound up around my head..... and if i cant I just find a wall to run into... that always works well too... LOL
"Let the bodies hit the floor!"

Last edited:

bellx1 said:

and if i cant I just find a wall to run into... that always works well too... LOL

LOL, that would be a great site to see I think. I haven't seen anyone outside y group of firends fight in forever. I would love to see some other techniques such as this slam them into the wall executed in real life.

bellx1 said:

Very good point....At 6'5" I have a great advantage over many.... and while 220 lbs. is not that heavy I can get incredible leverage over people. A friend of mine who is 5'9" and a wrestler through college and now a HS coach was messin' with me one day... so we took it to the lawn.... he had me down in maybe 2-3 seconds, but it was not long before I was able to breach him and get up lifting him with me..... In a real fight he would have been done at that point... he's a friend so I just set him down and we laughed and I gave him his props for taking me down.....
The reach as well as the impact from a long arm snapping you as you try to get in close can be the end of your quest to take down the tall guy.
In the end I think it really comes down to what Silent said... I totally agree Bro.

PPS... And what Biteme said about the headlock... LOL... If the little guy wants to get me in headlock... I always let them.. LOL... cause then it's easier for me to pick them up while they are trying to hold on.. HEHE... I can through you a lot further when your all bound up around my head..... and if i cant I just find a wall to run into... that always works well too... LOL

Dude if I got you in a headlock or anyone else with my strength, I promise you, you would not be able to do shit except die. Everyperson that I got in the lock had to give up within 10 seconds or risk permanent damage. You sound like a cocky dumbfuck. The kind of big guy that I like to emabarrass.

bellx1 said:

And another thing at 6'5" and 220, you are not very big. You barely outweigh me and are much taller. I am willing to bet that I could defeat you within 30 seconds. Anyone want to take bets. I had a taller guy, 6'2" once think he could take me. He looked weak so I guaranteed that I could beat him within 10 seconds. It took more like 5. Once the pressure was applied to the side of his neck, he had to immediately give up. It is incredibly painful and you can't move a muscle when in the lock. Within a minute from the pressure your neck will be broken. It is essentially a choke lock from the side. LOL at thinking you could run into a wall or stand up with that pressure being applied to your scrawny neck.

Top Bottom