Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing tall people

HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex said:
I agree with you Bobber,against a tall guy I'm shooting in bringing his ass to the ground.Neutralizes the physical advantage.

Thats the only way a short guy can beat a tall guy. I think I am going to take up grappling so I don't have to keep getting banged up like a motherfucker perfecting my technique.

Spent you nasty!

Bobber said:
You tall people have a great advantage when it comes to a civilized fight. But in a street fight yall stand virtually no chance over a guy who has a lower center of gravity.
HA! I'm tall - and my background IS grappling. If a tall guy knows what he's doing, the shortys going to have his new center of gravity just above the level of the pavement.

Likewise, if a shorter man knows what he's doing, he can make a mess out of a taller mans face.

Assuming tall versus big will work out one way in a given situation is big mistake.

Re: Re: Boxing tall people

Silent Method said:

HA! I'm tall - and my background IS grappling. If a tall guy knows what he's doing, the shortys going to have his new center of gravity just above the level of the pavement.

Likewise, if a shorter man knows what he's doing, he can make a mess out of a taller mans face.

Assuming tall versus big will work out one way in a given situation is big mistake.

Size and strenght are much more important than height in my opinion. Of couse experience and technique will prevail as well.

In a boxing match the only way to beat a taller opponent who has a considerable reach advantage is with speed or brute force. If you are quicker than him you can stay on the outside and jab. If you don't have the speed, then you need to take the fight inside and try to out slug him. Most of the time, people are afraid to go inside against a bigger fighter and they end up getting beat by their reach.

Re: Re: Re: Boxing tall people

Testosterone boy said:
Size and strenght are much more important than height in my opinion. Of couse experience and technique will prevail as well.
Good points. I needed to say more than just "knows what he's doing." Dextarity, reaction times, stamina, speed, experience, strenght, endurance, and experience all play BIG parts in real world fights. So does circumstance.

I'd stick my neck out and say that stamina and endurance are two of the major factors that decide a very large percentage of street fights.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Boxing tall people

Silent Method said:

I'd stick my neck out and say that stamina and endurance are two of the major factors that decide a very large percentage of street fights.

I have to disagree with you on that one. The last 5 fights I have seen or been in have gone no longer than one minute either because of the guy getting over powered or just flat out out-skilled. I think that strength and know how is the way to go in a street fight.

You tall people have a great advantage when it comes to a civilized fight. But in a street fight yall stand virtually no chance over a guy who has a lower center of gravity.

lol.

Top Bottom