Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any tips on getting faster

Dalton

im training for the 40 yard dash in football, i need advice on technique and ways to improve stride length and high knees during running thanks

I ran a 4.3 40 at my best. I think speed comes with genetics and body types (ectomorphs).

Best thing for getting better speed for sprints is resistance. i.e. running with mini parachute and 2lb ankle weights.

thats exactly right. Mini parachutes are very effective, I run track and i constently train with mini parachutes and ankle weights to improve my 100m speed .

How much would something like a mini parachute cost, and where could I find one? I'm going to have to build up my speed for Lacrosse ..

wouldnt ankle weights be dangerous considering your body not being used to the added weight, and then putting them right into sprinting?

ZGzaZ said:
wouldnt ankle weights be dangerous considering your body not being used to the added weight, and then putting them right into sprinting?

I used 1 1/2 lbs weights and never had a prob. I also used to used 2 1/2 weights on a treadmill and run on and incline at full speed. Like I said though, never had a prob.

I used 1 1/2 lbs weights and never had a prob. I also used to used 2 1/2 weights on a treadmill and run on and incline at full speed. Like I said though, never had a prob.

Awesome, I can see how the added resistance would help you once your body thinks they are still there...good stuff.

What were your results with this? added measurable improvement?
Could this help a 265 pd olineman trying to get faster?

Top Bottom