Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any tips on getting faster

Just picked up the weights...they are adjustable...from 1/4 pd to 2.5 on each leg...should i go heavier or lighter to start?

go to elitefts.com and get the "40 yard dash" book under the "shop" section. Also, check out charliefrancis.net (or .com) -- he trained ben johnson and still trains world class sprinters. He posts on the forums over there and the forums cater to sprinters.

Plyos (jumping), Resistance (Chute, Bungie), Explosion sprints (5-10 yards), weights, stadiums (running up stairs/bleachers) and of course reg. sprinting.

We do hurdle drills where we step over and under hurdles to improve flexibility.
Good arm movement is key.

really the list never stops do almost everything you hear it cant hurt...

Polys Are also great. Get yourself a 18"-24" wooden box and a 25,35,or 45lb plate and just jump on and off the box as fast as you can.

Plyos are good. Ever try bungee assisted sprinting?? Do it both pulling someone else and being pulled. I'm no doctor, but i know it forces your muscles to become faster. I did this when I used to play football, I was 6'4 285 and knocked my forty from 5.2 to 4.8 in high school, that was the main reason i ended up getting a full ride to school. I swear by this for speed.

-K

ClubbaK said:
Plyos are good. Ever try bungee assisted sprinting?? Do it both pulling someone else and being pulled. I'm no doctor, but i know it forces your muscles to become faster. I did this when I used to play football, I was 6'4 285 and knocked my forty from 5.2 to 4.8 in high school, that was the main reason i ended up getting a full ride to school. I swear by this for speed.

-K

Yup, anything with resistance is great for speed.

Eq definately helps with the speed but the detection time is a little long. Id go with primo or anavar, or both for that matter.

little chris said:
Polys Are also great. Get yourself a 18"-24" wooden box and a 25,35,or 45lb plate and just jump on and off the box as fast as you can.

Plyometrics are dangerous and ineffective if done incorrectly and with added resistance, ecspecially depth jumps.

Top Bottom