Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reaching your fitness goals. Getting started and your check list for success

needtogetaas

A list of all you will need to get going.

1. Determination and discipline.
There is 24 hours in a day,7 days in a week,365 days in a year. Every day every moment in your life is what you make it. Your accomplishments of tomorrow Are a direct reflection of what you do today.

Do you you stop going to the gym for weeks or months on end. Do you role over and go back to sleep rather then go for your morning run. Do you eat the pizza on monday,wensday and friday when it was went to be your cheat meal on saterday night. Do you log into ef and talk with others and get help and encouragement, or do you go out with your drinking buddies and blow it all off?

In the little moments you are faced with everyday do you have the Determination and discipline. Are blasting every rep out with balls-to-the-wall intensity. Are you squatting balls to the floor. Are you making the best choices for yourself or are you falling short.

Determination and discipline. If you don't have it. Get some. Find it here on ef,get some from your friends,find it in your mind and when you get it hold onto it for dear life. With out it you will go nowhere!!!!!!

2.A goal

Not just "meh it be nice to look a little better" no. Think about it for a good long time. What exactly do you want. Visualize exactly what you want to be,what you will look and feel like when your goal has been reached.
It should make strong emotions rise within in you. It should be exactly what you want.

Good. Now think about reaching this goal every night and every free moment you have. Visualize reaching this goal everyday till the day comes. Keep it fresh in your mind and use it to give you 1. Determination and discipline.

3. A battle plan.
Now that you have a goal,Determination and discipline you will need a plan. A well thought out written plan.
Of course in order to make this plan you will need to learn a few things. Diet,training,sups and other things.
So read read and read some more. No one is going to form a plan for you. Find out what is best for you and your goal. Write it down and stick to it no matter what.

If your plan does not show results. Be honest with yourself. Did you stick to the plan or did you loose Determination and discipline. did you loose site of your goal. If you find its not working then change the plan.

Many people try something for a wile and then find it dos not work or it stops working. This is when they give up and walk away. It may take you years before you get it right. Before you find what works for you. Keep at it.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

re: Reaching your goals. Getting started and your check list for success

Any one care to add?

Yes. First off, that's well said & a motivating read. You couldn't be more right. The biggest issue is that most (I hope) people here on EF SHOULD already be practicing this lifestyle & determination. If not, wake up and pay attention to some damn good people in the EF Community. The good news is most people are here to help.

If you have a friend who is a bit overweight,out of shape, or just wishes he or she was in better shape, why not tell them about Elite? There is help here for nutrition, training routines, proper supplementaion and much more. Hell we have chat boards, gambling, and dating forums! There's no need to leave your house when you're an EF member!

Sorry I left the topic. All I'm saying is this place is where you need to be if you're serious about fitness & a healthy lifestyle. Goals are the single most important part of any fitness (imho) routine. Why go through the sacrifice & pain if you don't have a goal set out for what you want that pain to make you look like? In this forum I have read some excellent posts. Need a nutrition plan, need a log book, need to set goals? It's here. If you still can't figure it out, maybe you just need Needto. Maybe you need Omega. You're in luck, they are always available.

re: Reaching your goals. Getting started and your check list for success

I have found that training logs are SUCH a help. Everyone i know thats successful keeps a training log. You can keep track of your progress, look back and see how much and the most important thing is learning what works for your body because i believe that is the ultimate goal in training to become a superior athlete. Knowing through years of training what works and how to become a beast.

Re: Reaching your goals. Getting started and your check list for success

I have found that training logs are SUCH a help. Everyone i know thats successful keeps a training log. You can keep track of your progress, look back and see how much and the most important thing is learning what works for your body because i believe that is the ultimate goal in training to become a superior athlete. Knowing through years of training what works and how to become a beast.

Yes people can post logs here on ef and get feed back and motivation as well as knowledge.

Site like fitday.com and others help with diet.

Re: Reaching your goals. Getting started and your check list to for success

Yes Bro!!!!

Diet logs too. If you are serious about this then these two things will go a long way towards helping you reach your goals.

How can you measure progression when you just "wing it" from workout to workout, while never taking the time to write down your results. "Did I bench 275 for 3 sets of 5 last week, or was that the week before?" How many times do you ask yourself this? Without knowing these things how will you grow and continue to get stronger.

Noting every macro that enters your mouth sounds a bit tedious, but at times this can mean the difference in losing fat while maintaining lbm or turning yourself into a catabolic monster. Websites like Fitday.com make this very easy to do.

An important thing to remember, especially to the n00bs who want it all now....This is a marathon not a sprint. This is a life long sport and should be treated accordingly. I personally plan my training well in advance of just my next workout. Long term progression is key.

Progress pics with the log are also great. When i first started out i was 140lbs and 6ft tall, a twig. But each month when i kept seeing more meat on my frame it would pump me up and kept me going and wanting to get bigger. You soon learn you can never get big enough, ahahaha.

Progress pics with the log are also great. When i first started out i was 140lbs and 6ft tall, a twig. But each month when i kept seeing more meat on my frame it would pump me up and kept me going and wanting to get bigger. You soon learn you can never get big enough, ahahaha.

Great add bro. you are a beast now. :evil:

great read needto. i remember my first log on EF back in early 06 helped me make the biggest gains of my life so far. Your so dead on. goals are crucial to success.

Yes people can post logs here on ef and get feed back and motivation as well as knowledge.

Site like fitday.com and others help with diet.

I have said it before and I'll say it again....YES! Fitday is invaluable. It has everything a person could need for daily nutrition breakdowns and tweeking your diet.

Plus...a ton of people "can't be bothered with loggin at the gym". I hear this all the time. Then do it after...while eating a post meal or drinking your shake. I have started logging here because I have a tendency to leave my log book behind. I hit the gym lunch...come back to work and log....then got after work and get some and post here again or log in a book and enter it here within 24 hours.

Top Bottom