Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reaching your fitness goals. Getting started and your check list for success

Re: Reaching your goals. Getting started and your check list for success

A few things to add.

First of all, goals have to be realistic and achievable. Me saying I want to be the next Mr. O is NOT a goal, it is a dream...dreams don't get you much but a good night's sleep...you need realistic and achievable goals or you will be setting yourself up for disappointment. Make your goals hard enough so you have to work your ass off and give 110% to get there, but make them within reach if you do that, or else you will get de-motivated when you don't get there...

Bodybuilding is one of those sports were sky is NOT the limit. There are so many factors that come into play like genetics and lifestyle. If you want to be the next Mr. O, you gotta live live the current Mr. O and train like him and eat like him, etc...

Jay Cutler used to spend 2000$ a week on food. That does not include supplements and steroids. Just food.

Jay Cutler also starts his day at 5 am. In order to start eating so he can get enough meals. He also proably sleeps fucking early too to get enough rest.

You need to understand your limits and not flirt with the very thin line between realism and fantasy.

Other than that, work hard, play harder...

Some really good HONEST stuff here.

I can't remember how many years have passed where I've said "this is the year I break 290 on the scale" and never did it.

I'm sick and last year I was below 240, not by choice. Last Friday morning I got on the scale at 291. Most ever. I started holding myself accountable every single moment. I have a scale at home and one at my gym where I weigh myself at least once a day...as a reminder to eat and drink as much as possible. I go to bed early and wake up early too, but that is mostly because my kid wears me out!

A few things to add.

First of all, goals have to be realistic and achievable. Me saying I want to be the next Mr. O is NOT a goal, it is a dream...dreams don't get you much but a good night's sleep...you need realistic and achievable goals or you will be setting yourself up for disappointment. Make your goals hard enough so you have to work your ass off and give 110% to get there, but make them within reach if you do that, or else you will get de-motivated when you don't get there...

Bodybuilding is one of those sports were sky is NOT the limit. There are so many factors that come into play like genetics and lifestyle. If you want to be the next Mr. O, you gotta live live the current Mr. O and train like him and eat like him, etc...

Jay Cutler used to spend 2000$ a week on food. That does not include supplements and steroids. Just food.

Jay Cutler also starts his day at 5 am. In order to start eating so he can get enough meals. He also proably sleeps fucking early too to get enough rest.

You need to understand your limits and not flirt with the very thin line between realism and fantasy.

Other than that, work hard, play harder...

Good point. Don't set yourself up for failure by setting goals too high, especially in the short term. For instance, if my bench is currently 250 and i make a goal to bench 400 by christmas, that's not going to happen.

Think lifestyle and long term. Think about having a great body and good health in 10 years and beyond. Its like LayingBack said one time, this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Some really good HONEST stuff here.

I can't remember how many years have passed where I've said "this is the year I break 290 on the scale" and never did it.

I'm sick and last year I was below 240, not by choice. Last Friday morning I got on the scale at 291. Most ever. I started holding myself accountable every single moment. I have a scale at home and one at my gym where I weigh myself at least once a day...as a reminder to eat and drink as much as possible. I go to bed early and wake up early too, but that is mostly because my kid wears me out!

I hear ya on the kids bro.

I only have to add my signature below, that's it!

All good stuff here. The logbooks are sooo critical. I take mine to the gym and log at the gym. My logbook lives in my gym bag. Yeah, I'm one of those guys that carries around the big ass gym bag with a bunch of shit in it. Wraps, straps, water, shakes, towel, logbook, dip belt, etc.

I also know what my body requires nutritionally in order to have a successful day in the gym. This is good because I know what I need to do before I get there too. For instance, if I haven't consumed at least 200-250 grams of protein so far that day before I hit the gym (and some carbs shortly before going in), I might as well stay home and eat. I usually go in between 1-3pm. Workout days are bare minimum 500 grams protein...700 is ideal.

All good stuff here. The logbooks are sooo critical. I take mine to the gym and log at the gym. My logbook lives in my gym bag. Yeah, I'm one of those guys that carries around the big ass gym bag with a bunch of shit in it. Wraps, straps, water, shakes, towel, logbook, dip belt, etc.

I also know what my body requires nutritionally in order to have a successful day in the gym. This is good because I know what I need to do before I get there too. For instance, if I haven't consumed at least 200-250 grams of protein so far that day before I hit the gym (and some carbs shortly before going in), I might as well stay home and eat. I usually go in between 1-3pm. Workout days are bare minimum 500 grams protein...700 is ideal.

Not to hijack anything and feel free to PM me, but I could use some help on ideas to get my protein up higher.

Can you give me an idea of your bodyweight and how you get the 5-700g a day in?

Good point. Don't set yourself up for failure by setting goals too high, especially in the short term. For instance, if my bench is currently 250 and i make a goal to bench 400 by christmas, that's not going to happen.

Think lifestyle and long term. Think about having a great body and good health in 10 years and beyond. Its like LayingBack said one time, this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Yes!

Top Bottom