Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reaching your fitness goals. Getting started and your check list for success

Re: Reaching your goals. Getting started and your check list for success

But still, the fastest runner in the marathon race still wins.

:)

the most patient marathon runner...

WAYYY off course here but ....

If fitness becomes part of your being, if you engage in it as an art and perform it just for the sake of what it is, you have already won.

If i separate it from my self, and put it off somewhere into the future with that "Someday i will look like ...." mentality, then it is not as enjoyable and gratifying in the present. When i stay in the present, and enjoy it now for what it is now, then the side effect is that i'm also executing it perfectly.

So staying in the present actually creates better long term results. But that is only a pleasant side effect. In the meantime i'm enjoying every day.

"Someday i will look like ...." is a thirst that can never be fully quenched. It is separate from you, always outside of your grasp and thus the possibility of getting discouraged is greater. Discouragement is our poison. It will kill the best routines, diets, and bodies.

If fitness becomes part of your being, if you engage in it as an art and perform it just for the sake of what it is, you have already won.

That crossed my mind a lot when I was sick, could barely walk, and still never missed a gym session as I watched all my lifts go way down...but it never crossed my mind when I put my hand around the bar.

Everyone is motivated differently though.

If i separate it from my self, and put it off somewhere into the future with that "Someday i will look like ...." mentality, then it is not as enjoyable and gratifying in the present. When i stay in the present, and enjoy it now for what it is now, then the side effect is that i'm also executing it perfectly.

So staying in the present actually creates better long term results. But that is only a pleasant side effect. In the meantime i'm enjoying every day.

"Someday i will look like ...." is a thirst that can never be fully quenched. It is separate from you, always outside of your grasp and thus the possibility of getting discouraged is greater. Discouragement is our poison. It will kill the best routines, diets, and bodies.

Well of course enjoying it, Getting into it, making it a life stile is the great. Yes we should all do this. But we should all aspire to be something more.

There is no middle. You are ether moving forward or falling behind.

Not to hijack anything and feel free to PM me, but I could use some help on ideas to get my protein up higher.

Can you give me an idea of your bodyweight and how you get the 5-700g a day in?

I'm about 230 right now, and I go for a minimum of 2 grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight per day. On a good day I get up to 3 grams/lb.! Honestly, I start early and consume anywhere from 50-90 grams of protein every 1.5 to 2 hours. 40-50% of that will come from shakes that have about 80-90 grams protein per serving. I don't count protein in nuts, rice, bread, etc. either. I count meat and shakes only. I use high quality whey isolate cold filtered with added digestive enzymes. I will add fats or carbs depending on time of day and my needs.

The actual breakdown of my diet isn't that consistent (I don't eat the same damn thing every day). But I always have eggs for breakfast, either 3 whole + 1 white scrambled, or I get a breakfast burrito (egg and potato or steak and egg). That's about as consistent as I get day to day. I have a shake about an hour after breakfast.

Throughout the day it is usually leftovers or something I've prepared the night before. I eat a variety of red meat, chicken, and fish. But I don't like to have the same chicken and brown rice for example, every day three times a day! Fuck that! Of course there's the during w/o and post w/o shakes. I'm almost never hungry unless my day has gotten so busy that I've missed a meal.

Since I've really focused on getting enough protein and making sure to get a lot of good fats, I have gained good quality mass. That's been the biggest help, actually counting grams of protein and keeping track as the day goes. I am always looking at teh clock thinking about the last time I ate protein and how much protein I've consumed so far and how much more I need in the next X hours. It's actually not as obsessive as it sounds though, lol! It becomes a subconscious habit.

I make sure to eat protein first, then carbs and veggies. A few reasons why. First, I make sure I am getting enough protein. I don't want to fill up on carbs! Second, eating this way allows for better protein digestion and greater protein/amino absorption. Protein is digested in the stomach, carbs are digested 30% in the mouth by amylase (salivary enzyme), then go to the stomach and sit there in the stomach and take up space and slow down digestion till they (carbs) move to the small intetines where their digestion continues.

Protein digestion also burns more calories and speeds up metabolic rate more than carbs and fat. You'll burn about 25 cals. digesting 100 cals. of protein. You'll only burn about 4 cals. digesting 100 cals. of carbs or fat. So digestion and absorption of protein has a slight thermogenic and anabolic effect. When you're digesting protein, your metabolic rate is elevated higer and remains elevated longer than when digesting carbs/fats. In regards to metabolic rate, a high protein meal will give you up to 70% elevation (over basal), lasting up to 10-12 hours, vs. 4-30%, lasting only 2-5 hours with high carbs meal. Eat tons of protein and stay lean!

As far as carbs go, I get enough. I gauge carbs based on my energy needs for the day or that part of the day (eg. before and after workouts). I can tell when I need carbs by the way my body is "acting".

I try to get the most out of my proteins too! I take bromelain just before most heavier meals to help digest protein (especially important with red meat). I also take a great 12 strain, 12 billion active cell probiotic, and eat plenty of veggies, fruits, nuts, whole wheat pastas, and take a fiber supplement (psyllium husk) to maintain intestinal health (VERY important especially on high protein diets). And drink at least a gallon and a half to two gallons of water a day (also very important on high protein/high fat diets.

I've told you a lot of why and a little bit of how. I could write a lot more but this is already long enough that most people won't read it. Like, avoid eating carbs/fats together. Carbs = insulin spike which means fats are shuttled away and BAM, you've got exces adipose tissue. Also, types of proteins and their efficiency of absorption. Complete vs. incomplete proteins. If you want to be very meticulous, don't mix meat types in the same meal (red meat and fish - yeah no surf and turf!). Avoid processed foods. Blah, blah, blah...

I know your goals are different than a lot of others here, and you don't really care about a few extra pounds of fat (the more the better to a point, huh?). Of course intestinal health should be a concern for everyone, and anything we can change to improve that (especially those of us eating a shit ton of food), we should do. Hope I didn't go off on too many tangents/ramblings. If you want any more specific info or have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I will do my best to help. :D

I'm about 230 right now, and I go for a minimum of 2 grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight per day. On a good day I get up to 3 grams/lb.! Honestly, I start early and consume anywhere from 50-90 grams of protein every 1.5 to 2 hours. 40-50% of that will come from shakes that have about 80-90 grams protein per serving. I don't count protein in nuts, rice, bread, etc. either. I count meat and shakes only. I use high quality whey isolate cold filtered with added digestive enzymes. I will add fats or carbs depending on time of day and my needs.

The actual breakdown of my diet isn't that consistent (I don't eat the same damn thing every day). But I always have eggs for breakfast, either 3 whole + 1 white scrambled, or I get a breakfast burrito (egg and potato or steak and egg). That's about as consistent as I get day to day. I have a shake about an hour after breakfast.

Throughout the day it is usually leftovers or something I've prepared the night before. I eat a variety of red meat, chicken, and fish. But I don't like to have the same chicken and brown rice for example, every day three times a day! Fuck that! Of course there's the during w/o and post w/o shakes. I'm almost never hungry unless my day has gotten so busy that I've missed a meal.

Since I've really focused on getting enough protein and making sure to get a lot of good fats, I have gained good quality mass. That's been the biggest help, actually counting grams of protein and keeping track as the day goes. I am always looking at teh clock thinking about the last time I ate protein and how much protein I've consumed so far and how much more I need in the next X hours. It's actually not as obsessive as it sounds though, lol! It becomes a subconscious habit.

I make sure to eat protein first, then carbs and veggies. A few reasons why. First, I make sure I am getting enough protein. I don't want to fill up on carbs! Second, eating this way allows for better protein digestion and greater protein/amino absorption. Protein is digested in the stomach, carbs are digested 30% in the mouth by amylase (salivary enzyme), then go to the stomach and sit there in the stomach and take up space and slow down digestion till they (carbs) move to the small intetines where their digestion continues.

Protein digestion also burns more calories and speeds up metabolic rate more than carbs and fat. You'll burn about 25 cals. digesting 100 cals. of protein. You'll only burn about 4 cals. digesting 100 cals. of carbs or fat. So digestion and absorption of protein has a slight thermogenic and anabolic effect. When you're digesting protein, your metabolic rate is elevated higer and remains elevated longer than when digesting carbs/fats. In regards to metabolic rate, a high protein meal will give you up to 70% elevation (over basal), lasting up to 10-12 hours, vs. 4-30%, lasting only 2-5 hours with high carbs meal. Eat tons of protein and stay lean!

As far as carbs go, I get enough. I gauge carbs based on my energy needs for the day or that part of the day (eg. before and after workouts). I can tell when I need carbs by the way my body is "acting".

I try to get the most out of my proteins too! I take bromelain just before most heavier meals to help digest protein (especially important with red meat). I also take a great 12 strain, 12 billion active cell probiotic, and eat plenty of veggies, fruits, nuts, whole wheat pastas, and take a fiber supplement (psyllium husk) to maintain intestinal health (VERY important especially on high protein diets). And drink at least a gallon and a half to two gallons of water a day (also very important on high protein/high fat diets.

I've told you a lot of why and a little bit of how. I could write a lot more but this is already long enough that most people won't read it. Like, avoid eating carbs/fats together. Carbs = insulin spike which means fats are shuttled away and BAM, you've got exces adipose tissue. Also, types of proteins and their efficiency of absorption. Complete vs. incomplete proteins. If you want to be very meticulous, don't mix meat types in the same meal (red meat and fish - yeah no surf and turf!). Avoid processed foods. Blah, blah, blah...

I know your goals are different than a lot of others here, and you don't really care about a few extra pounds of fat (the more the better to a point, huh?). Of course intestinal health should be a concern for everyone, and anything we can change to improve that (especially those of us eating a shit ton of food), we should do. Hope I didn't go off on too many tangents/ramblings. If you want any more specific info or have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I will do my best to help. :D

This ladies and gentlemen it's commitment, dedication, discipline and knowledge, we are lucky to have you around CEO! Cheers

Now we got a thread going. This is just some of the reasons ceo is a mod now. :biggrin:

I certainly read it all. I had read your post a few days ago about getting in 700 grams per day and i've been curious as to what you did. This is great information and a great example. Thanks

Damn. That's a lot of food.

Top Bottom