Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WTH? White Man Wins NBA MVP?

oh no, you did not just call Mr. Trailer Park Steve Nash the pretty white guy?

Dial_tone said:

Compared to Shaq?

yeah.

Nash was a feel good story. Shaq's #'s were down. AI probably deserved it but his team was 7th place. LeBron had sick numbers, but his team didn't make the playoffs. So I can see why he got it, but let;s be real, we can name at least 20 or 25 better players in the league than Nash (including 2 on his own team)

Dial_tone said:

I wouldn't call a guy that makes 65 million to play basketball trailer park anymore.. maybe a long time ago but for sure not now

nutsnack said:
I wouldn't call a guy that makes 65 million to play basketball trailer park anymore.. maybe a long time ago but for sure not now

anna nicole smith is rollin in dough and she's still as trailer as they get.

First of all, How in the world did this thread not get moved? Wow.

Anyway, I'm a big Heat fan, but no matter what argument you use, you can't validate Shaq winning the award over Nash. The Heat are a better team this year with Shaq? Well, the Suns were the BEST team in the league this year after being one of the WORST last year. Turn arounds don't get much better than that. Plus, as many people mentioned, Wade was already a great player last year. Sure, Shaq has made him better, but not to the level Nash has made a lot of his teammates (Amare, Joe Johnson, Marion, Richardson, etc.).

When Shaq was out injured, the Heat still won. Hell, they swept the first round without him hardly playing. The Suns went on a losing streak and looked really bad without Nash. That is the definition of Valuable. Without him, they lose.

As well, Shaq's numbers weren't that great, so the only argument in place is his impact on the Heat, where again, Nash's impact was much greater (a far worse team becoming tops in the league). I don't even think Shaq had an MVP caliber year. Just the fact that he was there and gave the Heat the dominance on the inside, allowed Wade to grow even more and further help the Heat have a great year. I'd almost vote for Wade for MVP over Shaq. He won a lot of games by himself this year.

Dial_tone said:
anna nicole smith is rollin in dough and she's still as trailer as they get.

LOL

you can talk the girl outta the honky-tonk.....

slickdadd said:
First of all, How in the world did this thread not get moved? Wow.

Anyway, I'm a big Heat fan, but no matter what argument you use, you can't validate Shaq winning the award over Nash. The Heat are a better team this year with Shaq? Well, the Suns were the BEST team in the league this year after being one of the WORST last year. Turn arounds don't get much better than that. Plus, as many people mentioned, Wade was already a great player last year. Sure, Shaq has made him better, but not to the level Nash has made a lot of his teammates (Amare, Joe Johnson, Marion, Richardson, etc.).

When Shaq was out injured, the Heat still won. Hell, they swept the first round without him hardly playing. The Suns went on a losing streak and looked really bad without Nash. That is the definition of Valuable. Without him, they lose.

As well, Shaq's numbers weren't that great, so the only argument in place is his impact on the Heat, where again, Nash's impact was much greater (a far worse team becoming tops in the league). I don't even think Shaq had an MVP caliber year. Just the fact that he was there and gave the Heat the dominance on the inside, allowed Wade to grow even more and further help the Heat have a great year. I'd almost vote for Wade for MVP over Shaq. He won a lot of games by himself this year.

Exactly!

Do you think the Heat would do well if there was no Dwayne Wade?? Guess what, Dwayne Wade deserves the MVP moreso then Shaq. Just look at last season as there was no Shaq. Dwayne Wade carried the team into the playoffs, just like he has done this year yet again.

So please spare me the bullshit talk about Shaq. You guys don't know your basketball.

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
I never said there wasn't a good case for Nash. However, Shaq is the dominant one. Look at how much harder his opponents have to work on defense when Shaq is in the lineup. He always draws a double team. Also, look what Shaq does on defense. Having the big oaf guarding the lane shuts down penetration. Some of the things Shaq brings to the game don't show up on the stats.

Shaq's impact always warrants MVP consideration, but his numbers were career lows...

The problem I have with people who say he's the most dominant player therefore he should always win MVP is: Why hasn't he won it any of the other years, esp over Tim Duncan? I don't see how Duncan could ever beat out Shaq or KG for MVP. Both of those guys have the stats and the game that outshines Duncan's. If Shaq was really considered MVP he'd have won it more than once, when his stats actually made a case for him getting the award.

This year it wasn't going to happen, too many circumstances working against him. Shaq is a better player than Nash, but Nash had a better year.......I don't think anyone can argue that.

DIV

DIVISION said:
This year it wasn't going to happen, too many circumstances working against him. Shaq is a better player than Nash, but Nash had a better year.......I don't think anyone can argue that.

DIV

I disagree with this. You cannot compare Steve Nash to Shaq because they play two totally different positions. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Centers require 'less' skill as they can rely more on physical body size, whereas guards require way more skill.

Top Bottom