Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where to watch State of the Union Address online?

Just out of curiosity, do you know how securities are priced? As long as we're talking equations and stuff, that might be the easiest place to start. We have an obvious disconnect here, lol.

I get what you're saying about gambling, but deriving that from the random walk principle is kinda like dismissing classical mechanics because of the uncertainty priciple. Risk is a core component to pricing models, but I admit I don't really understand how it's priced into the Black-Sholes equations from CAPM -- betas are often contain little current information, and alphas are extremely complex unknowns. I would be interested in any links you might have that covers variability outside of the risk-free.

:cow:

I don't care about all that. Say i'm a oil exec with $100M in my pocket. Can you invest with low risk and high return? Can your history back it up? If not, than you can't do it and I would look for someone else.

Unfortunately, like I said, finding these "smart" people who can safely invest with great returns is difficult cuz they don't need to advertise to strangers. I still haven't seen one person here post up a low risk, great return option - funny, cuz I actually have money to invest. :)

c

I don't care about all that. Say i'm a oil exec with $100M in my pocket. Can you invest with low risk and high return? Can your history back it up? If not, than you can't do it and I would look for someone else.

Unfortunately, like I said, finding these "smart" people who can safely invest with great returns is difficult cuz they don't need to advertise to strangers. I still haven't seen one person here post up a low risk, great return option - funny, cuz I actually have money to invest. :)

c
you should be getting money to invest in your film from other people!

listen to dov s-s simens and call up all the dentists you can. they have the highest rate of suicide, so they're the most likely to invest!

best way to make your "movie" made - is shoot it low-budget with your own funds, just as "proof of conept" that people can see (dvds are more appreciated than scripts on a desk). Make teh story awesome, unique and creative!!

Then spend all your time attending conferences, seminars, trade shows, interns, charity drives, doing stuff for free, contract work, whatever just to make contacts. Then hopefully soon you'll make enough contacts to push your project to the next level. This is how it works and works like that every day. :)

Oh and TV is way more profitable then movies.

c

c

It doesn't work that way.

Let's say for a second there was someone who could operate well outside the risk/return curve for a sustained period of time. Why would they simply pass on that higher yield to investors?

If they're smart enough to reliably beat the CAPM, then they're certainly smart enough to price their skills to market.

Top Bottom