Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what are yall predictions on college football??

I disagree with those who write of Florida. Look at miami when they lost their coach to the Cleveland Browns, they didn't lose a step.

The Nature Boy said:
I disagree with those who write of Florida. Look at miami when they lost their coach to the Cleveland Browns, they didn't lose a step.

But Miami only lost the head coach. Everything else was left in place, and they didn't suffer to many player losses last year. Thats why they did so well.

Florida on the other hand: Lost the head coach, majority of staff, both starting wide outs, Mike Pearson on the o-line, Alex Brown DE and Lito Sheppard CB on defense, new offensive and defensive schemes.

Not exactly writting them off, but it's going to be a lot harder for Folrida than it was for Miami. But your right . . . they still are dangerous.

Yep, i agree. I think Florida will be a good team still, but they lost too many key players without enough proven players behind them. As well the new coach is entirely new relatively. Coker was the top assistant the previous year for Miami. As well Miami's players filling in for the ones lost to the draft were already very proven and had playing time. Florida will be good, but not last year good. I'd say they finish 3rd in the sec east in a close race as usual.

yeah, you guys seem to know a little more about the SEC than I do but I do know that the SEC is the best conference in football today, you can say what you want about the Big 12 and Big 10, I'll take a top caliblre SEC team over them any day. Every SEC team pretty much has a pretty brutal schedule which is why getting out undefeated is a feat in itself.

Yep. SEC always is the best, always has been. I think the most underrated conference is the Big East. Miami dominated it last year, but its way stronger then people think. I think they went something like 4-1 or 5-1 in bowls last year. They always play great head to head with other conferences, but still people try and call it a weak conference for some reason. A lot of tradition in the big east.

yeah, being a big Virginia Tech fan I like the big east myself. But it seems as if not all the teams play well at the same time. Tech and Miami are always pretty strong, but teams like Syracuse (VERY underreated, especially on D) west virginia and a few others have up and down years, giving them an appearance of being a weak conference unless you follow the Big East.

yep good point. They always come together at the end as a conference though and usually compete with another pretty good. Teams that are usually overlooked that are consistently good teams are WV, Boston College, Cuse, Pitt (recent years).

it's true, they field a ton of bowl teams every year, more than most conferences.

But then that doesn't say much all the time with 100 bowlgames like the Insight.com bowl. I bet insight.com isn't even around anymore. Or the thrifty carquest bowl. and my favorite was the Poulan Weed-Eater bowl.

Top Bottom