Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC on Spike TV

MikeMartial said:
Not a chance. If you watch the replay from various angles, his hands drop as he goes down, but he does recover fast, I'll admit.

But the punch Nate lands while Pete is down is why the ref stopped the fight, not the initial knockdown punch.

In theory, if there was no ref, the fight would have been over in just a few more seconds anyways. ;) Hey, Pete should count his blessings he's healthy for a rematch, and not nursing a swollen melon in ICU.

I agree completely. They showed the replay in slow motion, the first hit knocked Pete down, not out but it dazed him good. When he was on his back and Nate followed up, that punch is what ended it, Petes head bounced off the matt hard. The ref then stopped it because it was about to get alot worse had Nate kept hitting him. He was basically spared a severe beating and got tko'ed instead.

JL_204 said:
Heres the replay: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280579

Are you sure it wasnt stopped to early???

haha i still find it funny that people are questioning the decision to stop the fight, sell is knocked the fuck out, period. He is not defending himself on the matt, he put his hands up after he first fell and then nate knocks the hell out of him and his arms drop, like i said before the dude is lucky it was stopped.

Snypr said:
I hadn't seen anything from him but a repeated double leg takedown and a hug. I still don't like him but I give credit where it's due. Eliminating a vet like that in such short order means he must have been working hard.

I don't like him either
and he is afraid to get hit but then so am I
I'm working on it tho

The guy wasnt out , and honestly he was in FINE position to defend himself . He MIGHT not have been able to , but that would hav been a Skill thing , the Punch Rocked him but he was still clearly thinking like a Fighter , he Broke his own fall , he then got his hands up and went to work on defending himself - it TOOK TIME , but its going to ! The Ref had already MOVED to stop the fight 4 the first Ground Punch was thrown , he just GOT there late . Basically the fight was taken from the guy for a Knockdown , and no one got to see if he was capable of Wrapping the guy up and buying some Head-Clearing time , wich I dont even thinkhe needed that much of , I mean , he was still FIGHTING , I think the KD was more of a Balance thing anyway .

He broke the fall with his hands then tried to dodge the next punch. The fight was called before the 2nd punch was thrown. He was actively able to defend himself and that should have been what let the fight keep going.

I agree, that fight was definitely stopped early. The Kenny Florian/ Karalexis fight that wasn't televised was a good fight too. Kenny split Karalexis nose wide open with an elbow to stop the fight. Spike is supposed to be taking out the Salaverry fight and putting in the Florian fight for the replay.

fast94ex said:
haha i still find it funny that people are questioning the decision to stop the fight, sell is knocked the fuck out, period. He is not defending himself on the matt, he put his hands up after he first fell and then nate knocks the hell out of him and his arms drop, like i said before the dude is lucky it was stopped.

Dude your baked if you watch that replay and still think he was out? That was as far from out as it gets!!

Golddoor said:
Dude your baked if you watch that replay and still think he was out? That was as far from out as it gets!!

i think the fight was FAIRLY and WISELY stopped...quarry hit em with a great left to DAZE him and knock him down...then hits him with an even HARDER 1 when he hits the floor...think about it...getting hit really hard when you're ALREADY dazed...and some of you still think he could've defended himself? quarry woulda sent 10 identical punches to his face and given em a few new bruises around the eyes

Top Bottom