Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC on Spike TV

JL_204 said:
I watched Unleashed #2 last night and I must say:

1) Koscheck's wrestling skills really impressed me. The downside to him is that he seems very scared to get hit. If he can overcome this he'll be a force in 185 pound division.

2) Nate Quarry's standup was very technical. He totally picked apart Lodun.

3) Salaverry is the real deal. Very well rounded. I cant wait to see him against Nathan Marquardt.

Man this is gonna be a good month.

1) Koscheck is very raw... if he went up against Tanner, Franklin or even Riggs... he would get killed. He has no finishing skills and he can't strike for shit. He is great at taking someone down and laying on them.

2) Agree with Quarry... I want to see his ground skills.

3) Salaverry is a very smart fighter. Riggs was physically dominating him and he lured him in to a trap. I have seen Riggs fight a few times here in AZ and he is very agressive. When Salaverry was laying on his back I am sure it pissed him off. Being a 22 year old kid... he made a young testosterone filled man's mistake and fell into the wily veterans trap. I would love to see Riggs get another shot at him.

Snypr said:
Thank God for Spike. Finally get to see some fights for free. Keep an eye on the Josh Koscheck/Pete Spratt. I think Spratt will put Joshy to sleep.
OK, I stand corrected. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

Koscheck is good on the ground he just had a problem with subs for some reason
I personally can't stand him but he can still fight
on the ground at least

I hadn't seen anything from him but a repeated double leg takedown and a hug. I still don't like him but I give credit where it's due. Eliminating a vet like that in such short order means he must have been working hard.

Comments on last night fights:

-Koshcheck seems to be a highly effective wrestler , but like someone else stated, he seems scared to get hit. Regardless, it's working for him. For now.

-Leben is a tough mo fo, and has a solid chin. If he was up against a more well rounded fighter, and not someone with EXACLTY the same style of fighting he has, he'd get dominated.

-Nate rocks. I can see this guy going a long, long way. I'd like to see more of his ground game.

-Bonnar has great hands, but they should be better. Two times golden gloves? Shit, you'd think he'd of knocked buddy silly in the first. He looked damn gassed, too, but he admitted that :)

-Mike "Quick" Swick has a well-earned name, great hands. Needs to check the ego at the door, though, or someone will hand him his ass quickly.

-The Salaverry/Marquardt fight was a huge disappoinment; I'd have to say IMO that Salaverry was playing way, WAY too defensive. I expected way more from him, and thought he'd destroyed him from the ground.

Last edited:
MikeMartial said:
Comments on last night fights:

-Koshcheck seems to be a highly effective wrestler , but like someone else stated, he seems scared to get hit. Regardless, it's working for him. For now.

-Leben is a tough mo fo, and has a solid chin. If he was up against a more well rounded fighter, and not someone with EXACLTY the same style of fighting he has, he'd get dominated.

-Nate rocks. I can see this guy going a long, long way. I'd like to see more of his ground game.

-Bonnar has great hands, but they should be better. Two times golden gloves? Shit, you'd think he'd of knocked buddy silly in the first. He looked damn gassed, too, but he admitted that :)

-Mike "Quick" Swick has a well-earned name, great hands. Needs to check the ego at the door, though, or someone will hand him his ass quickly.

-The Salaverry/Marquardt fight was a huge disappoinment; I'd have to say IMO that Slaverry was playing way, WAY too defensive. I expected way more from him, and thought he'd destroyed him from the ground.

I agree with pretty much everything. Salaverry was giving Marquardt way to much respect IMO. He shouldve just let go.

I think Pete Sell was robbed. The fight was stopped way to early IMO.

The fight of the night was def Leben vs Cote. I was expecting Cote to KO Leben. Leben has improved alot and hes alot more humble now.
I really hope they keep Pat Cote around though. I know hes 0-3 but hes very entertaining to watch.

JL_204 said:
I agree with pretty much everything. Salaverry was giving Marquardt way to much respect IMO. He shouldve just let go.

I think Pete Sell was robbed. The fight was stopped way to early IMO.

The fight of the night was def Leben vs Cote. I was expecting Cote to KO Leben. Leben has improved alot and hes alot more humble now.
I really hope they keep Pat Cote around though. I know hes 0-3 but hes very entertaining to watch.

Pete Sell got knocked out plain and simple. He acted like he was ready to keep going, haha Nate would have really hurt him had the fight continued, Pete should be thankfull. I can see Nate going very far in the UFC, his striking skills are great.

fast94ex said:
Pete should be thankfull.

I agree. The only reason he thought he could keep going was because the ref stopped it before Nate turned his face into mashed potatoes.

Those refs do a fantastic job.

fast94ex said:
Pete Sell got knocked out plain and simple. He acted like he was ready to keep going, haha Nate would have really hurt him had the fight continued, Pete should be thankfull. I can see Nate going very far in the UFC, his striking skills are great.

He was down with his hands and legs up ready to actively defend. That fight was stopped too early.

Ianhockey91 said:
He was down with his hands and legs up ready to actively defend. That fight was stopped too early.

Not a chance. If you watch the replay from various angles, his hands drop as he goes down, but he does recover fast, I'll admit.

But the punch Nate lands while Pete is down is why the ref stopped the fight, not the initial knockdown punch.

In theory, if there was no ref, the fight would have been over in just a few more seconds anyways. ;) Hey, Pete should count his blessings he's healthy for a rematch, and not nursing a swollen melon in ICU.

Top Bottom