Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC fighter VS Mike Tyson

infernolost said:
a lot of people are saying that they know fighters of different styles that train harder and have more heart than tyson. the funny thing is, how many of ya'll know tyson or have ever trained with him to be making totally false statements like this? tyson is a machine, and bottom line probably one of the toughest men on the face of the planet. tyson 8 out of 10.

Another person with no background

thaibox, i forgot that you get paid millions to box on showtime you all mighty supreme fighter, who beats up on navy SEALS. The fact of the matter is if one of these UFC fighters was a good enough boxer to be a heavy weight champion and make millions of dollars they would do it in a heartbeat but you know what their not they are second class fighters and allways will be. You act like you have been in the ring with mike tyson or something.

Who do you think would be able to punch harder, Tyson or Those Kyokushin Karate guys who can punch through 10 cement blocks?

didnt tyson look like a complete slob last time he weighed in? and didnt he bite of an ear to avoid being defeated?

boxers are incredibly tactical fighters, but they have spent their lives training to the rules of boxing. UFC fighters have trained in many different aspects of fighting, and by the look of tyson last time i saw him, maintain a higher standard of physical training than him. yet for some reason when you are putting tyson in an unexplored medium for him you seem to think he would definately win because the guy is a psychopath.

how much all round fighting experience do you KNOW tyson has? how many do we know UFC fighters to have? thats why i think he wouldnt win, we know"UFC guys can kick, grapple, punch, lock etc. we only know tysons ability to punch and bite

as for tyson being able to land a punch ultra quick and instantly end the fight, why is it that doesnt happen in every first round of every boxing match he has ever fought? what makes people assume it would happen against a UFC fighter

I like what I'm reading, and it seems that everyone has a good point, to ufc style vs tyson. But that is just what it is, differant styles. though tyson can hit hard can he take a elbow or a knee, or withstand a submission. And can a cage fighter withstand that caliber of punch over and over. I read something a few post back about him having more stamina... I don't that is a tough one. I am a cage fighter and unless you have rolled before(on ground sparring) It's really tough. on the mind and body. Lots of things to watch for playing Def and Offence at the same time. Punches, kicks, submissions, slams. it's all there. Boxing ...and I take nothing from them. But it mostly punches you have to watch for...and a bite of our kitty from time to time.

Last edited:
Most full-contact matches require competitors to wear sparring gloves. If not, usually you can only hit the person with the inside (palm side) of your hand. If the second rule were to be applied to a Tyson/UFC Fighter fight it would definitely put Tyson at a disadvantage.

The open plam part is very true, But these days mostly only small events, and pancreas rules make you do that. It must be peoples need to see more blood, and you just don't get the same effect with the open plam. And if we don't have blood, we won't have fans.. truely pretty sad.

Well... I see it as a return back to old-fashioned full-contact rules. Back in the 1960s and prior, full-contact was truly NHB. From what I know, several competitors were killed in these type of matches and certain rules had to be established to prevent the sport from being made illegal.

I agree, however, that it is sad that people's tastes are so violent. I think it is human nature... it can be seen as far back as the gladiator arena, and as recently as the push for a reintroduction of public executions.

On the other hand, I think it is important that not too many rules be put into place in mixed martial arts competitions because certain rules put certain fighting styles at a disadvantage.

Top Bottom