Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

toughest desicion I may have to make

ortiz34

Ombudsman
Chairman Member
As some of you know my now four year old daughter was born pre mature. Was in ICU for nine days. Fast forward till she was three to four months and we started noticing she was using her left hand for everything. At her check up it was mentioned to her pedi. In which she was immediately sent to childrens hosp in Boston for an mri. It concluded she suffered a stroke. The nueroligists can't pinpoint when it happened but suspect before birth.
When she was born she was unresponsive/blue/not breathing, and had to be resistated. All of which we were never told until my wife asked her pediatrician at her next check up what her scores and notes were when she was born.
Long story short, she NEVER was giving a cat scan, HELLO...she wasn't breathing= brain damage. Medical procedure 101. Lots's of other factors in this leading up to the birth as my wife had high blood pressure and signs of pre clampsia four days before emergency birth.

I have been researching and talking to people and they are amazed I haven't filed any malpractice suits. I'm thinking of taking that leap. She can't get dressed/go to the bathroom among many other things a normal four y/o should be able to do. Ours and her life's have changed forever, therapy, braces, fighting useless school systems for services, endless Dr appointments and just emotional BS.

I've never sued anyone or thought about it in my life, but the more time goes on I feel things could have been handled a bit different, I'm not def blaming them for the stroke. More so on how the birth was handled, no diagnoses, no brain scan for a human that was basically dead and no oxegon to the brain...smh. The emotional and financial burden this has put my family through is unreal. Hope none of you ever have to go through such things with their own children. Godspeed.

What say you?

If that were my kid, I'd likely be out for blood too. Good luck and sorry to hear about your troubles.

SO sorry to hear that bro, i'd go after them. You're baby girl is precious, and those involved need to take there jobs seriously. I can't imagine carrying the burden you are carrying. My girls mean more to me than anything, and if someone fucked them up by not doing there job, i'd go after them. My wife is a nurse, and she would advise you to do so too

Really emotional reading through that. I really hope it all works out, and your able to live your lives to the fullest.

I'm half tempted to get on a plane, fly out there, and pound those doctors heads into the floor.

You being as composed, understanding and coping as well as you are.. You must be a great person.

Good luck for the future and all the best to your family.

Ben

As some of you know my now four year old daughter was born pre mature. Was in ICU for nine days. Fast forward till she was three to four months and we started noticing she was using her left hand for everything. At her check up it was mentioned to her pedi. In which she was immediately sent to childrens hosp in Boston for an mri. It concluded she suffered a stroke. The nueroligists can't pinpoint when it happened but suspect before birth.
When she was born she was unresponsive/blue/not breathing, and had to be resistated. All of which we were never told until my wife asked her pediatrician at her next check up what her scores and notes were when she was born.
Long story short, she NEVER was giving a cat scan, HELLO...she wasn't breathing= brain damage. Medical procedure 101. Lots's of other factors in this leading up to the birth as my wife had high blood pressure and signs of pre clampsia four days before emergency birth.

I have been researching and talking to people and they are amazed I haven't filed any malpractice suits. I'm thinking of taking that leap. She can't get dressed/go to the bathroom among many other things a normal four y/o should be able to do. Ours and her life's have changed forever, therapy, braces, fighting useless school systems for services, endless Dr appointments and just emotional BS.

I've never sued anyone or thought about it in my life, but the more time goes on I feel things could have been handled a bit different, I'm not def blaming them for the stroke. More so on how the birth was handled, no diagnoses, no brain scan for a human that was basically dead and no oxegon to the brain...smh. The emotional and financial burden this has put my family through is unreal. Hope none of you ever have to go through such things with their own children. Godspeed.

What say you?

Would there have been some intervention that could have helped if they determine the stroke most likely occurred well before birth? That will be the big question. How premature was she?

what would be the main factor in the suit, emotional damage? you have to be very careful with how you file the claim, here in FL if you lose the case you have to compensate the other party, so not only could you lose you might also be financially responsible for their legal fees which would be pretty bad, a guy here sued Disney, they offered him $160k and he declined it because he was a cocky SOB, verdict came in and not only did he lose but he had to pay them $250k in fees and reparation. Find a good lawyer and have a long st down with them contemplating all scenarios according to your state laws.

Wouldn't suing only bring more stress and financial burden?

You might as well get it over with since you are going to be thinking about it all your life. However, from reading what Table said, what did you expect the Dr to do different that would change the outcome?

Seems the your daughter was still going to be born early.

Dude it is easy for us to make these comments as we have no emotional attachment. I have seen the picture you posted of your daughter and she would melt my heart. My advice woudl be to love her for what she is and move on.

I guess the main factor here in my opinion is whether the stroke was caused by anything they did. If the answer is no, then I really don't see the merit of a lawsuit. It's not as if them diagnosing the stroke well after it happened in the womb would have lessened any of the damage. From the limited info you have shared there, it would seem the hospital did a bang-up job of recognizing the baby being in distress and executing the very difficult birth to the best of their ability. Your only legit beef IMO was them not diagnosing what had happened right away, and really, aside from a little bit of mental anguish of not knowing what was wrong, that didn't change a damn thing with regards to the outcome. Hate to say it bro, but if I were sitting on that jury, you'd get very little.

Top Bottom