Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Barry Bonds Saga

The steady, hammering drumbeat of Barry Bonds' bat relentlessly pounding opposing pitchers goes on -- thunderously, ominously.
On a windy, chilly night at SBC Park on Monday, Bonds provided a lightning strike of a homer -- the 666th of his career and his seventh in six straight games -- in San Francisco's 4-3 victory over the San Diego Padres before 33,361 fans.

Bonds has now accomplished that homer-binge feat three times, including twice in 2001 when he set a Major League single-season record with 73 homers.

Bonds' feat was only part of the Giants' fracturing of a four-game losing streak, as pitcher Jerome Williams (2-1) shut the Padres down on a four-hitter over 6 2/3 innings and hot-hitting Marquis Grissom drove in three runs with a single and homer.

Giants outfielder Barry Bonds had a week to remember, and one opposing pitchers would like to forget.
The veteran was named National League Player of the Week for April 12-18 by batting .733 with six homers and 13 RBIs, while also tying and passing godfather Willie Mays' lifetime mark of 660 homers.

Some players don't have these kind of seasons, much less weeks, but Bonds was 11-for-15 with two doubles, six walks, seven runs scored and a Major League-high slugging percentage of 2.067 and on-base percentage of .810.

Barry Bonds / LF
Born: 07/24/64
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 230 lbs
Bats: L / Throws: L

More info:
Player page
Stats | Splits
Team Site

"I take for granted what he does," said manager Felipe Alou of the slugger, who has won 12 Player of the Week awards in his career. "After this week I don't think they will pitch to him with men on base anymore."

In the Giants' home opener April 12, Bonds hit a go-ahead three-run home run off Milwaukee's Matt Kinney for his 660th career home run in the Giants' 7-4 win. The next day he hit a solo shot to pass Mays, who had occupied third place on the all-time home run list since Hank Aaron passed him in 1972.

Bonds homered Friday off NL Cy Young Award winner Eric Gagne and added another long ball in Saturday's game against Los Angeles. Capping off the week, Bonds slammed a pair of homers Sunday, going 4-for-4 with five RBIs.

Other players nominated included: Moises Alou (.458, 5 HR, 7 RBI) and Aramis Ramirez (.462, 4 HR, 13 RBI) of the Cubs; Craig Wilson (.440, 2 HR, 5 RBI) and Kris Benson (2-0, 0.69 ERA) of the Pirates; Houston's Craig Biggio (.458, 2 HR, 10 RBI), Roger Clemens (2-0, 1.32 ERA) and Roy Oswalt (1-0, 3-hit shutout); Cincinnati's Adam Dunn (.471, 3 HR, 1.059 SLG); Paul Lo Duca (.500, 11-game hitting streak) of the Dodgers; Scott Rolen (.391, 3 HR, 10 RBI) of the Cardinals; and Arizona's Randy Johnson (1-0, 2-hit shutout).

obiwan9962 said:
'nuff said

True, I cannot stand the guy but I also cannot overlook his accomplishments. Regardless if he juices or not (his perogative) he still has a split second to hit the ball like everyone else and does it that much better.

I truly believe he would have hit 85-90 hr's in 01 had he not been intentionally walked 50+ times.

He's good..

BileStew said:
He's good..

True...
fuck him anyways............

As a true Dodger fan, I am (happily) obligated to hate, boo, heckle and throw peanuts at Bonds from the left field pavillion.

lol
and i have been a giants fan from way back 72 my grandda took me to a game and i loved the history behind the guys
and when they went to the world series with will clark, robbie thompson jr, big daddy don ruschel and atlee hamacker
damn that earthquake!
grew up in sacramento so i am a no cal boi
love my 9ers too

you can be a hater but must bow to talent

fyi did you know the dodgers are the only west coast team to play in the grapefruit league in fla during spring training while the rest are in the cactus league in az

obiwan9962 said:
fyi did you know the dodgers are the only west coast team to play in the grapefruit league in fla during spring training while the rest are in the cactus league in az

That is because the Dodgers have held spring training in in Dodgertown Vero Beach, Florida since they were in Brooklyn.

"There is nothing in the world of baseball quite like Dodgertown. The spring training home of the Brooklyn and L.A. Dodgers since 1948"

Top Bottom