Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The 300 Workout

Gawd

Hey,

Has anyone tried this workout? Any thoughts on it?
I'm planning on sticking with my 5x5 Routine until April, I'm making some good strength gains on it and dropping fat.

I'm trying to think of what to follow it up with in April. This 300 Workout looks pretty crazy.. Maybe throwing in some tire flips, Woodchops(that what there called?) with the hammer, etc.. a couple times a week.

Or should I stick with something more standard like a 3 day split bb routine?

Goals will be to continue losing fat while maintaining and defining my muscles.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/artic...item=5e1790ecab7e1110vgnvcm20000012281eac____

For a Spartan-sized challenge to your daily routine, consider this your new fitness gauntlet:

a) Pullups - 25 reps

b) Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50 reps

c) Pushups - 50 reps

d) 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps

e) Floor wipers - 50 reps

f) Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps

g) Pullups - 25 reps

All exercises are done without scheduled rest between moves.

I would do something that is tailored directly to you. If you wanna get ripped up you just need to do more cardio.

Thanks BK..

Guess I should post my current stats:
6'2", 282 lbs(down from around 380), Bodyfat somewhere in the mid-high 20's.

So it's not really about getting ripped up yet, got alot of fat to shed. I currently do some HIIT cardio 3 days a week, and regular cardio 3 days a week. I'm just thinking when it's change my workout again, I should try some Higher Volume training. Kind of been stuck on deciding what I should do.
- Stay with Full body but do High Volume instead.
- 3 Day split, different body parts each day.
- High Volume, High Intensity stuff like that 300 Workout..

Yes, I have attempted the 300 workout twice just for a change in pace. I could not complete it as required because I cannot do twenty-five consecutive pull-ups (not chins). As this is required to be done two times in the workout, all of which without a break, I failed. However, I was able to do everything else without resting. The floor-wipers are an interesting exercise that I had never before heard of prior to doing the routine. I would not reccommend doing this often as it will burn one out. Even the trainer that developed this workout for the actors in the film stated that they only did this once or twice I believe.

Yes, I have attempted the 300 workout twice just for a change in pace. I could not complete it as required because I cannot do twenty-five consecutive pull-ups (not chins). As this is required to be done two times in the workout, all of which without a break, I failed. However, I was able to do everything else without resting. The floor-wipers are an interesting exercise that I had never before heard of prior to doing the routine. I would not reccommend doing this often as it will burn one out. Even the trainer that developed this workout for the actors in the film stated that they only did this once or twice I believe.

Yeah I tryed it once when I was a n00b and hadnt joined EF, I scaled the weight of the deads and clean and presses down a bit but the only thing I struggled on was pullups like you.

Thanks BK..

Guess I should post my current stats:
6'2", 282 lbs(down from around 380), Bodyfat somewhere in the mid-high 20's.

So it's not really about getting ripped up yet, got alot of fat to shed. I currently do some HIIT cardio 3 days a week, and regular cardio 3 days a week. I'm just thinking when it's change my workout again, I should try some Higher Volume training. Kind of been stuck on deciding what I should do.
- Stay with Full body but do High Volume instead.
- 3 Day split, different body parts each day.
- High Volume, High Intensity stuff like that 300 Workout..

In that case might be fine for you just for a change of pace. Give it a wack and see what kind of results you get from it.

Top Bottom