Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting football again, what to train for?

ssppiikkeerr

Well, im about 5'11 185lbs 16yrs old I played football 2 years prior (im a sophomore), last time i played i was a DE averaged 6 sacks,and 2 fumbles recovered averaged per season. but since now i realized i probably wont be growing anymore in height, and my goal is to get scholarships i dont really think me playing DE is going to get there. Most on my highschools team are 6'3 6'4 and over 200lbs atleast. Me not so much, the only reason why i played it to began with was because i bench 265lbs and squat 4 plates on each side so i had the strength to back up the less weight. Last time i ran a 40 i was about 4.9. anyways, just wanted to get opinions on what i should do, i have more of a quick aggressive side of playing (i guess inherited from playing defense) any ideas? so i know what to work on in off season thanks!

Well, im about 5'11 185lbs 16yrs old I played football 2 years prior (im a sophomore), last time i played i was a DE averaged 6 sacks,and 2 fumbles recovered averaged per season. but since now i realized i probably wont be growing anymore in height, and my goal is to get scholarships i dont really think me playing DE is going to get there. Most on my highschools team are 6'3 6'4 and over 200lbs atleast. Me not so much, the only reason why i played it to began with was because i bench 265lbs and squat 4 plates on each side so i had the strength to back up the less weight. Last time i ran a 40 i was about 4.9. anyways, just wanted to get opinions on what i should do, i have more of a quick aggressive side of playing (i guess inherited from playing defense) any ideas? so i know what to work on in off season thanks!

Biggest thing is being a good athlete isn't the same as being a good football player. It helps for sure, but if you've been out of the game for a while best thing you can do is go to your coach and ask him what position he's thinking for you, ask him to give you some position specific drills you can do, and most importantly watch film with him. At least twice per week you should watch film with him of your teams previous years so you can see how the defense moves, what your responsibilities are, and you'll also be able to get a look at what teams in your league like to do on offense.

plymeric and agility training, you have been doing weight lifting so raw strength is not the problem, but how to use it is. You would need more endurance, possibly power training as well.
And watch games!

Top Bottom