Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So this Lebron guy is forreal

• Thread starter Thread starter HighIntensity
  • Start date Start date
The Nature Boy said:

actually no. if you disagree, say why.

The life of a college basketball player - especially a high profile one - is not so great. I was a division 1 basketball player...yeah it was cool...because my only pro options were overseas.

But the best players (I was friendly with a few guys who are in the NBA now) mostly just keep to themselves and a few good friedns, since image tarnishing can cost them tens of millions by lowering their draft status. They are basically just marking calendar days until they turn pro anyway. It;s not a lot of fun for them.....

Then there is the obvious:

One hundred million dollars.

The money will NOT always be there. Much of his marketability is tied to his straight from high school appeal.

In a few years, there will be another Lebron. The marketing never stops.

there is always the dreaded career ending injury as well.

Whatever he wants to do in life, those doors are opened to him with this money. College could only detract from that.

This kid has a great mind for the game, and he is vary mature for his age. He will make his mark very soon, and I dont foresee any of the drug/sex/violence problems at all. This kid is too smart, too focused and too talented to get steered away so easily.

If he had gone to college he would have been the stupidest kid ever. That money he took will not always be there...injury anyone? College on the other hand, will be.

Lebron made the correct move without a doubt, I as well played in college with options overseas, however, the life of a collegiate athlete is not all that it is cracked up to be, balancing books and athletics can be draining to say the least, especially with all the other distractions college has to offer. peace

teen1216 said:
If he had gone to college he would have been the stupidest kid ever. That money he took will not always be there...injury anyone? College on the other hand, will be.

how often do those kinds of injurys happen? please post up.

and he wouldn't be balancing books. he'd be balancing beers and broads and play some basketball in between.

The Nature Boy said:

how often do those kinds of injurys happen? please post up.

Only has to happen once. Like it did to

David Rivers, Notre Dame. Highest point total ever for an ND freshman, ahead of Adrian Dantley and Troy Murphy. Guy was supposed to be the "next Isiah Thomas".

Jason williams, Chicago Bulls. If he left earlier he'd have 3 seasons worth of money already, not just one. but he just had to have that degree. well, great, he's going to love working for $50K. Stooopid.

and he wouldn't be balancing books. he'd be balancing beers and broads and play some basketball in between.

dare I say you were not a college athlete? especially one with an NBA future? I bet you watched a lot though. :)

Why can he not live that lifestyle now, with the money in the bank?

no need to be condescending matt, I'm merely offering an opinion. I never stated it as fact.

And I was semi friends two guys that went to college with me at virginia Tech and both played in the NFL. They had a pretty fun time in college if you ask me. oh well.

Top Bottom