Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should San Diego fire their coach?

Wulfgar said:
no he is not
I was at the game
1.he was justified in calling them out. the pats players were facing the crowd and belligerantly mocking the chargers by impersonating merrimans sack celebration.
2.first off, the patriots got out played and out coached in evry aspect of the game. The chargers literally beat themselves on numerous occasions. 3 So the patriots have NO RIGHT to rub it in like that and make jackasses out of themselves.
4.I think it is about time one of the NFL eleite players called the pats out on the shit they pull. I think this patriots dynasty is much more like the old Raiders than people care to admit.
1. If someone is going to do a crazy little dance like Merryman does, when he gets owned like he did, he will be made fun of. That is just how this game works. He dissed the pats all week, including picking the Jets to beat them at home.
2. How can you outcoach and out play a team when you screw up as much as the chargers did? They had more bonehead plays then I have ever seen in a play off game. Dumb shit, from headbutting to not knocking down a 4th down interception. Out coached? They went for it on 4th and 11 in the first instead of trying to hit a 48 yard field goal. Boy those 3 points might have come in handy. Those are just a couple of the stupid plays by the Chargers.
3. No right to rub it in? The chargers where celebrating with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Did you notice that or was there a big mexican blocking your view?
4.I dont know what point you're trying to make there, how many super bowls do the raiders have?

jestro said:
1. If someone is going to do a crazy little dance like Merryman does, when he gets owned like he did, he will be made fun of. That is just how this game works. He dissed the pats all week, including picking the Jets to beat them at home.
2. How can you outcoach and out play a team when you screw up as much as the chargers did? They had more bonehead plays then I have ever seen in a play off game. Dumb shit, from headbutting to not knocking down a 4th down interception. Out coached? They went for it on 4th and 11 in the first instead of trying to hit a 48 yard field goal. Boy those 3 points might have come in handy. Those are just a couple of the stupid plays by the Chargers.
3. No right to rub it in? The chargers where celebrating with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Did you notice that or was there a big mexican blocking your view?
4.I dont know what point you're trying to make there, how many super bowls do the raiders have?

1. I disagree. No one gets upset when they make a good play DURING the game and do a celebration. that is fine, it is PART of the game. After a game, mocking the other team just to be pricks when obviously you got lucky as shit is just stupid. I am a bears fan and I would be just as upset if the bears players did that shit after they won a game in a similar fashion.
2. They dominated every facet of the game from a coaching perspective: a) defensively they intercepted brady 3 times and held him to one TD. They completely SMASHED the running game holding the pats to only 48 yards. The interception that should have been knocked down was obviously a mistake by Mcree and him alone, im sure the game strategy was not to try to pick it off. it was the players mistake, not the coaches. the 48 yard field goal was into a strong headwind. I was at the game and the flag was flying hard right toward where keading would have had to kick it. As for the headbutt? thats, again, on the player, and it was really a BS call. the guys kick each others ass after almost every play out there. that call was soft.
3. what game were you watching bro? we were biting our fuckin fingernails off with 8 min left in the 4th. We all knew Brady had the ability to make some crazy 4th quarter last minute comebackdrive down the field. an 8 pt lead against a team like NE is NO reason to celebrate. The players were celebrating thier touchdown, not a sure victory.
4. The raiders in the 60's and 70's were nasty, mean and carried this reputation with pride on and off the field. they were the most penalized team in pro football for years with players like Howie Long, Alzado, ted hendrix, willie brown, ray guy, art shell, jack tatum"the assassin", gene upshawto name a few. btw, they won 3 super bowl championships(77,81,84)

Wulfgar said:
the patriots got out coached in every aspect of the game.

I disagree. The Pats were getting hammered defensively and were bad offensively at the start. They made all the correct adjustments at halftime to open the flow of the game.

San Diego was making all the right calls at the beginning even though the wide receivers kept dropping the ball. In the second half, and especially the fourth quarter, the Chargers made some stupid calls. Add in some penalties and they blew the game. They abandoned the run when they needed it the most. They placed pressure on Rivers to make throws into coverage he should have never attempted.

LOLOLOLOL@ We won, the celebration was the icing on the cake. All of these thread show why people shouldn't gamble...lol

Here's some good stuff from a sports writer:

Now you've just seen the Patriots erase a 21-13 deficit to tie the game with 4:30 remaining. Why, exactly, do you decide to panic? The game is tied. You've got the ball with 4:30 remaining. You've got the league's best running back and the league's best offensive line. Belichick in this situation would relentlessly grind the clock, planning to kick the winning field goal with a few seconds left. So what did the Chargers do? Handed off to LaDainian Tomlinson for 5 yards -- then incompletion, incompletion, punt. Up to the point at which the Chargers panicked, Tomlinson and backup Michael Turner had combined for 26 carries for 147 yards, a 5.6-yard average. Run the ball and control the outcome! You're at home, where crowd energy helps the rushing game! Instead incompletion, incompletion, punt -- then watch New England dance at the center of your field.

The faces of the Chargers' players suggested they expected to win by 20 points, and when LaDainian Tomlinson scored to make it 21-13 with eight minutes to go, they decided to act as if they were ahead by 20 points. With eight minutes remaining, the Bolts were celebrating on the sidelines, and the clueless Schottenheimer did not tell them to get their heads back in the game. Schottenheimer was oblivious to the 16-ton weight about to be dropped on his head -- even though the opponent was the most efficient, unflappable team in NFL history! When New England's players saw some Chargers celebrating on the sidelines with eight minutes remaining as if it was already over, and realized the clueless Schottenheimer was oblivious, they smelled blood. I'll never forget the look on Michael Jordan's face when he saw Charles Barkley start to dance and clown around with a minute left in an NBA Finals game that Barkley thought Phoenix had already won. Jordan smelled blood, and a moment later the NBA crown was his.

When the pressure is on, New England's tactical decisions are almost always right. The Pats played most of the first half with two tight ends, and trailed 14-3 at the two-minute warning of the second quarter. At that point, New England switched to three wide receivers, forcing San Diego to put nickel back Antonio Cromartie on the field. Cromartie may have been a first-round draft choice, but he started only one season at Florida State and often seems to have scant idea of where he should be on the field. Playing a little more than half the game, Cromartie recorded six tackles, most by any San Diego defensive back -- and all came after his receiver caught a pass. From the point New England switched to multiple wides, the visitors outscored the home team 21-7. And as usual, the New England offensive line becomes invincible in the playoffs, surrendering only one sack after the Pats went three wide and opened up the edge to the boastful Shawne Merriman. His only "sack" was to stop a Brady scramble at the line of scrimmage.

I wouldn't say LT was a cry baby. You're looking at one of the best rb's in the NFL to date, and a guy with class no less. He's not a type of guy to get very pissed, but he when he freaked out after that loss, you know something wasn't right, as pointed out by sean salisbury. It kinda reminds me of Zinedine Zidane's headbutt on Materazzi. With a legendary player like that showing great leadership and class throughout his career, you know for damn sure he wouldn't of attacked Materazzi like that without a very good explaination.

The only thing I was kinda pissed about is the conference afterwards when LT called out Belichick saying that the players showed no class because of their coach. But he did apologize for that comment, and has respect for a coach such as him, he was just obviously angry at the time for the loss to go out like it did.

As for firing Schottemheimer? Are you guys morons?

And lastly, Colts vs. the Pats? I feel the colts will have the pats number this time. Their at home, the defense is playing great, but the only thing you have to worry about is how will Peyton carry his team? But if you got Manning vs. Brady, they're both playing pretty bad, so you'll have to cancel that out. But I think Peyton will do good against a weaker defense such as the pats have right now.

Although my friend declares brady as one of the clutchest quarterbacks in history, which I'd have to agree as he pulled another one in SD, but not this time.

Tony Dungy can taste it...

Top Bottom