Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On the way home from work I could have been a good person

You should have helped him man. Honestly that would have made him feel like a complete jackass about looking at you like that, but since you just drove off he's glad he looked at you like that.....

the #1 rule I live by is that if you have the opportunity to help someone out real quick during your day, do it, even go out of your way sometimes if you have the extra time. Why? Because it makes you feel great, and you never know who you’re going to help. You could end up meeting a best friend, wife, or just someone that has connection or that can hook you the F*ck up.

For example, one time I helped a dude load up some crap he bought at a garage sale one day just because I was there and was in no hurry to get to the next sale. Turns our the dude had a pair of (3rd row behind home) cardinal baseball tickets, and gave them to me because he wasn’t going to use them.

big_bad_buff said:
You should have helped him man. Honestly that would have made him feel like a complete jackass about looking at you like that, but since you just drove off he's glad he looked at you like that.....

the #1 rule I live by is that if you have the opportunity to help someone out real quick during your day, do it, even go out of your way sometimes if you have the extra time. Why? Because it makes you feel great, and you never know who you’re going to help. You could end up meeting a best friend, wife, or just someone that has connection or that can hook you the F*ck up.

For example, one time I helped a dude load up some crap he bought at a garage sale one day just because I was there and was in no hurry to get to the next sale. Turns our the dude had a pair of (3rd row behind home) cardinal baseball tickets, and gave them to me because he wasn’t going to use them.

Very interesting - this is actually usally how I am - that is why this incident stuck with me.
I get burned on it a lot though.

Yeah, if I had it to do again, I'm not sure if I would have helped or not - at the very least I could have just cleared the road and then let this guy deal with it after that.

The main reason I didn't stay was because I wasn't sure of this guy's state of inebriation in terms of alcohol or other stuff - otherwise I likely would have stayed.
I will also say something that sounds very racist, but I don't intend it to be that way (doesn't mean that it isn't racist):
I am white. I am a foreigner here.
This man was black, and is from here.
Therefore he hates me before ever even talking to me.
Bad things tend to happen when those two meet up, especially when one of them are drunk/high - hence why I didn't do it.
Had it been a Tuesday morning and not a Friday evening, I very likely would have done it.

But you are right, I will likely mull over this for a few more weeks until the next silly thing happens, wondering what would have happened had I done something differently.

Sliding doors.

Oh, I probably wouldn't have done it for a black man either......lol...j/k....but you're right, you probably made a good choice bor. there are a lot of loonies out there

I have nothing against the color of anyone's skin - I didn't mean it that way.

I meant under these cirumstances, that would be a bad pairing - a laborer, possibly drunk/high, and one that dislikes my race and where I am from and the fact that I am a white collar worker.

Top Bottom