Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mustang 5.0 is back robs

I said the same thing at the beginning of the thread. 'stang boys don't give a crap about handling, so it's still farting around with its live axle.

11's with bolt-ons and a tune would be really good for a Mustang.
The one time I took it to the track with 8k break in miles, a CAI, and a fairly mild tune and I only got 11.6 in my Corvette. For a much cheaper car with the same cheap mods to get basically the same is impressive. Unless you meant headers too.

i know im a noob to thse boards but are you really infact a women talking about cars like that?? if so are you married lol.

live axle is ftl. but chevy needs to step up their handling game some too. they got the space frame right on the z06 but the leaf springs are still hanging around. New camaro has the looks to drop panties but its a tank. They arent with the times on a car like that. the new 370z is much lighter and more agile. the power difference is hardly felt with the weight differences. better interior on the 370 but thats subjective.

what year is your vette? and whats done to it for it to go 11.6. Im on the complete other side of the fence haha. i drive a all motor civic that does deep 12's. could go 11's this year. but im a car guy in general. anything fast is cool with me.

i know im a noob to thse boards but are you really infact a women talking about cars like that?? if so are you married lol.

live axle is ftl. but chevy needs to step up their handling game some too. they got the space frame right on the z06 but the leaf springs are still hanging around. New camaro has the looks to drop panties but its a tank. They arent with the times on a car like that. the new 370z is much lighter and more agile. the power difference is hardly felt with the weight differences. better interior on the 370 but thats subjective.

what year is your vette? and whats done to it for it to go 11.6. Im on the complete other side of the fence haha. i drive a all motor civic that does deep 12's. could go 11's this year. but im a car guy in general. anything fast is cool with me.

what block do you run? B18, B16, H22, one of the new K series, one of those frankenstein B20 blocks with a B18C head? I used to know my way around a honda...

what block do you run? B18, B16, H22, one of the new K series, one of those frankenstein B20 blocks with a B18C head? I used to know my way around a honda...

cammed k20a(type r)
intake manifold, custom header, 3 inch straight pipe, injectors obviously. thats pretty much it and its good for 260whp dynapack or 230whp on a dyno dynamics (heart break dyno).

its in a 96 midori green hatch.

My 97 GTI VR6 with EIP tuning turbo 430hp, Koni shocks, nuespeed springs, Tectonics Tuning exh, OZ racing rims, would rip the face off most cars talked bout here. Especially on the backroads :cool:
fuck I miss that car :confused:

The 370 is an awesome car. My only beef with it is the new engine is down on torque, but there are plenty of aftermarket IM's for it that bring up the torque easy enough (sacrifice some hp in the trade though).

my Vette is an '08. Bone stock w/o break in they do 12.4, so it's not hard at all shave .8 off that. It got faster with just the break in miles alone. All I added was a CAI and got what the shop called a fairly mild tune. Added only maybe 10% bhp, but even that brought it up to around 455 bhp.

I used to be all over Hondas. If you can search for it you can find a very old thread about my "fire breathing RSX". HEAVILY modded '04 I had back in the day. Supercharged, decked, bored out with liners, headers...christ tons of shit. The wheel horse was in the low 400's (yeah whp) It was all kinds of quick. Still had shit for torque, but that's the way those engines are.

The 370 is an awesome car. My only beef with it is the new engine is down on torque, but there are plenty of aftermarket IM's for it that bring up the torque easy enough (sacrifice some hp in the trade though).

my Vette is an '08. Bone stock w/o break in they do 12.4, so it's not hard at all shave .8 off that. It got faster with just the break in miles alone. All I added was a CAI and got what the shop called a fairly mild tune. Added only maybe 10% bhp, but even that brought it up to around 455 bhp.

I used to be all over Hondas. If you can search for it you can find a very old thread about my "fire breathing RSX". HEAVILY modded '04 I had back in the day. Supercharged, decked, bored out with liners, headers...christ tons of shit. The wheel horse was in the low 400's (yeah whp) It was all kinds of quick. Still had shit for torque, but that's the way those engines are.

The same reason my 6 cyl VR6 ate up alot of rice burners off the line, not enough tourque

Supercharged? Noice

Everyone on EF drives European Supercars.

:rolleyes:

Except the one who drives a 68-hp Toyota Diesel 4x4 running on pure vegetable oil...

Bringing back the 5.0 (302) is cool, but if they want to really cause excitement, they need to put the 460 big block or the V10 in the Mustang. I had an '88 GT 5.0, and it was fast, but they needed to work on the rear end engineering. Very squirrely, and if you lose it around a curve, you can't get it back. I have the feeling that the new one will have fixed that problem!

Charles

Top Bottom