Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Male models, how do they train?

Well im one of those naturally lean guys, but trying to bulk... its simply impossible.. i eat like a beast and still weight 145 benching 230 max

as for male models its meaning a strict diet or no diet( eating disorder) or just a simple high rep workout routine

I cant belive all the negitivity from this question. There are lots of guys that will never be huge BBers. May be regular clothing models dont train hard, but there are lots of models that are stacked. If you want to claim guys that are 6'' 185 ripped up dont train hard and only get like that from lack of eating, go ahead. But I think that is a huge insult to regular guys that lift to look good and dont have the want to be 250lbs.

I got a buddy who modeled when he was 20 years old. He was encouraged to lose weight even though he was pretty muscular. So, he did..he starved himself to get down to "model" size. He never made it big and got hit on all of the time by other guys in the business :bigkiss: ...ick :sick:

Your delts would have to be friggin HUGE to be too big for the rest of your body. Most guys have delts that are too small, if you look at em from the front they look wide and thick but as soon as they turn sideways they disappear. No rear delts.

IMO...delts and calves are two body parts that really make an impression. If you got huge thighs and small calves people notice it rightaway but the reverse is never a negative. You could have huge arms, chest, and traps but delts that are too small will definitely stand out. Be glad you got em..

araiber said:
haha, true that

Well, to be a model you have to be 6' at minumum. Usually the guys are just born with very low body fat genetics, and just to maintain it all they have to do is lift light, probably a few crunches, but definately not an actual "routine" as opposed to what they actually eat.

not true if your talking about male fitness models- Mike Ryan has done a shitload of covers & hes maybe 5'9". Low bodyfat, he trains hi rep/low weight & does hours of cardio.

http://www.mikeryantraining.com/photos-covers.html

I had a good friend in college who became a male model. They made him cut from 215 to 165 at just undre 6' tall. Evan at 175 they said he was just too big and couldn't get any jobs. He finally got down to 160 and got a bunch of work but it fucked up his health pretty badly. It was just shocking to see a guy go from being a super lean 215 to 160lbs, he looked like a completely different person.

Yes starvation and a plethora of drugs allowed for the weight loss.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I think he means the fruity looking guys you see in Cosmo rather than fitness models.. male fitness models are a totally different thing from the emaciated pole smokers pouting at the camera in womens mags.

The 'mens health' / bowflex look needs hard training, genes and low bodyfat year round... some of those dudes are getting big these days too, like 200+ and ripped

why do they work out different than a bodybuilder, with high reps & low weight instead of the other way around? does one give you more volume and the other more strength? i don't understand :/

6', 185 and ripped isn't what i think of when i think of a male model. obviously there are a lot of different kinds of male model. any professional male bodybuilders is a male model if he gets any endorsements or paid for photos. but many male models are small with a low bodyfat. a lot of female models are small and weak too. I think a lot of the negativity on the thread is because this is a forum about weightlifting, and people who are into that generally want to be big, strong, or both. And a lot of male models are close to average in size and strength. they have a certain 'look' that they might refine or enhance with some training and some undereating, while people here are more interested in sculpting and changing themselves through a lot of work, making the natural reaction to being 'good-looking' just by accident pretty negative.

allright first things first.....i think the whole "male model" thing is pretty fucking silly, and i think that zoolander was damn funny......

with that being said, some of you are fucking crazy to think that these guys are just some frail little bitches that diet and under eat all the time. can you really say that this guy ( Marcus Schenkenberg)
http://www.supermodelguide.com/supermodels/marcus.html , who is the most famous male model ever, looks unhealthy, or like he diets all the time? maybe there is a world of puking, dieting male model bitches out there that i just don't know about, but you are in hardcore body builder denial to think that Marcus Schenkenberg ,for example, does not have a good look. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom