Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Male models, how do they train?

wnt2bBeast said:
isnt that sad 175 and ripped..yet they wanna strip you down further
i wonder what the rationale is for that..
am i out of touch with women? do most womne prefer a guy thats got the muscle of a 12 year old and is ripped? or is it about the clothes? i used to buy the expensive stuff Armani etc i never bought that shit because of te way a guy looked i only bought it cuz i had the dough and wanted to show off

The rationale is how they cut the clothes for fashion shows don't look right on normal people so they need super thin men and women. Plus on camera since you look 10 or so pounds heavier they need to reduce the real image accordingly. I have seen a couple of professional female models and they are fucking gross looking. They look nice in the airbrushed pictures and on tv where they get that appearance of extra weight, but in real life they look unhealty and are so thing you can see their joints move around. Plus women primarily like what society tells them to like, just like men are all supposed to swoon over the victoria's secrets girls. Sadly people kill themselves everyday trying to look that way not realizing it isn't possible for the average person. Yet everyday we see how we are "supposed" to look and what we are "supposed" to want.

Cheers,
Scotsman

BiggT said:
I know what you're saying, and while I do agree with you, the issue being discussed wasn't 'looking tough vs being tough' or 'would you rather be tough or look tough?' It was about attaining a certain look. I was talking about an article written by a guy who went from bodybuilding to modeling and how it was a blow to HIM to be much smaller. Maybe that is normal, maybe it's not, I am not a psychologist. Again, nobody mentioned fighting ability because it had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the post. To a bodybuilder, physique is what matters. I don't agree with this, but many a bodybuilder would say "who cares how tough Joyce Gracie is, he looks like shit"......not my thoughts, but it illustrates how different goals affect one's priorities.

I do agree with a lot of what you say though. I'll ask you this for conversation, not to start an internet pissing match....yes, a skilled smaller guy will beat an unskilled bigger guy.....but what about a skilled little guy against a skilled big guy......you'd bet on your friend over a 250lb guy any day.....but what if the 250lb guy was Frank Mir or Kimo Leopoldo, or Mark Coleman or Rico Rodriquez, or any UFC heavyweight for example..not saying these guys could beat ANYBODY smaller than them, as this obviously isn't true, just pointing out that not everybody who weighs over 200lbs isn't an unskilled, immobile bodybuilder....this is beyond the scope of what you mentioned, but your post was beyond the scope of what was being discussed......I just want to hear your thoughts.

first thing....respect to all of you guys for all of us being able to voice our opinions without anyone getting personal or anything :beer:

like i said...the only reason i brought up fighting is because i associate "intimidation" with it, and because it seems like many peoples reasoning behind wanting to get huge is to look tough. my thoughts on a big guy that is a mma expert are.................i think that there is a point of diminishing returns (if that is the right phrase for this...haha)...just going by my not so good memory, it seems like the pride and ufc guys who have been the most hardcore badasses are in the 220-230 range (rich franklin, don frye, shamrock, etc.). don't hold me to the exact names and #'s on that but i believe that i am pretty close. kind of like how in basketball you have some little guys that are bad asses, some big men that are, but the most all around ones (jordan, macgrady, carter, bryant, etc) are in that mid-size range (6'6"-6'9"). i think my small friend for example, would have a much better chance against a 300# mma fighter than he would a 220# mma fighter, even though i'm sure he would get mangled by both.

but on the thread topic.....i just think it's nuts that some peoples views are so messed up that they can think that this dude http://www.jurgita.com/pictures/models/photos-10493-Marcus-Schenkenberg-10493-2 , who is 6'2" and has to be 200# range, looks frail or unhealthy. it seriously reminds me of the 5'8" 100# anorexic bitch, that thinks that the 5'8" 120 pound hot chicks are fat....but just the opposite!

***EDIT*** after looking around at a lot of the ufc/pride badasses on sherdog, i am surprised that most of the guys are 200#-220#, which is smaller than i remembered most of them. from the names i remember, and looking at who has kicked who's ass, it seems to me like that range is the optimum, or most efficient fighting size.

Last edited:
Scotsman said:
I hear what you're saying but you are making an abstract point. As I said my friend who is a male model is 6' 160lbs and he is still on the big side. I actually watched part of that America's top male model show (not by choice) and they were telling a guy that was 6'2" and 175 that he was fat and needed to lean up if he wanted to win. By "lean up" they meant lose muscle since the dude had no bodyfat already.

And yeah royce gracie is huge as are the shamrocks, so that's an incorrect comparison to male models. Also not knowing someones fighting skill from the getgo most people will fear the larger person.

Cheers,
Scotsman

that marcus guy is the one male model that i know of, and being that he is the most famous one ever, that is what i have to go by. i'm far from a homo, but the dude looks good.

royce gracie http://www.roycegracie.tv/bio.htm is not huge. he is 6'1" and 180#, but according to many on here that size is tiny, weak, frail. just looked up shamrock and he is 5'11" and 215#, which is big, but not by the standards on here. don frye http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=124 , who is my favorite ever if for no other reason than how bad he fucks peoples faces up...haha, is 6'1" 210.

damn i just looked up rich franklin http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=392 and didn't even realize how small he is (being serious), at 5'11" and 185#

Ruca said:
that marcus guy is the one male model that i know of, and being that he is the most famous one ever, that is what i have to go by. i'm far from a homo, but the dude looks good.

royce gracie http://www.roycegracie.tv/bio.htm is not huge. he is 6'1" and 180#, but according to many on here that size is tiny, weak, frail. just looked up shamrock and he is 5'11" and 215#, which is big, but not by the standards on here. don frye http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=124 , who is my favorite ever if for no other reason than how bad he fucks peoples faces up...haha, is 6'1" 210.

damn i just looked up rich franklin http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=392 and didn't even realize how small he is (being serious), at 5'11" and 185#

I'd put the marcus guy at maybe 170lbs, his legs are really small so that takes away a lot of weight.

I must have gotten royce mixed up in my mind as one of the bigger guys, I don't follow ufv and mma too close. And 6'1" and 210 lean is pretty big. I know that when I was 190ish I was still much bigger looking than any of those model guys at 6'2", now that I am over 300lbs my perception is skewed a bit though.LOL

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
I'd put the marcus guy at maybe 170lbs, his legs are really small so that takes away a lot of weight.

I must have gotten royce mixed up in my mind as one of the bigger guys, I don't follow ufv and mma too close. And 6'1" and 210 lean is pretty big. I know that when I was 190ish I was still much bigger looking than any of those model guys at 6'2", now that I am over 300lbs my perception is skewed a bit though.LOL

Cheers,
Scotsman

out of curiosity i found his weight on a couple of sites. he is listed at 6'2" and 188#. maybe skinny by bb or power lifter standards, but i would put $$ that there is not many hot girlies out there that would tell him that he is "too skinny"...haha

on another note....damn man from 190 to over 300....that is a huge difference!! is that natural older weight combined with lifting or have you straight up been gaining on purpose for years?

Scotsman said:
The rationale is how they cut the clothes for fashion shows don't look right on normal people so they need super thin men and women. Plus on camera since you look 10 or so pounds heavier they need to reduce the real image accordingly. I have seen a couple of professional female models and they are fucking gross looking. They look nice in the airbrushed pictures and on tv where they get that appearance of extra weight, but in real life they look unhealty and are so thing you can see their joints move around. Plus women primarily like what society tells them to like, just like men are all supposed to swoon over the victoria's secrets girls. Sadly people kill themselves everyday trying to look that way not realizing it isn't possible for the average person. Yet everyday we see how we are "supposed" to look and what we are "supposed" to want.

Cheers,
Scotsman

im so not inot female models besides the pretty face they are kinda disgusting looking with teir spines protruding from their backs :worried:
maybe im different i dunno but i like a whole lotta AZZ tapered waist and big ol titties flopping around :p

I love me some meaty women, with the curves to match. Models are not attractive to me other than faces.

Dysmorphia (or bigorexia for heathens) is very prevelant with body builders and weight lifters. Think about it. When most people start lifting they start really low, and really weak. As they progress they see themselves as being very weak and frail compared to what they could be. They see other people as being weak and frail compared to what they could be. They begin to see the musculature imbalances and weaknesses of themselves and others. It is almost unavoidable because when you are armed with knowledge on how to strengthen the body, you will be affected by that knowledge.

I think that marcus guy looks weak too. He is bigger than me, he does look asthetically pleasing, but whats the deal with his traps and legs? Can we say weak erectors too? I would wager that he avoids shrugs like the plague (like most models). Ohh, I dont want to be all thick necked like a caveman!! OHHH! Then my paisly shirt won't fit anymore! :rainbow:

there are two kinda of male models:

1. men who model clothing. these fuckers are tall and skinny with abs

2. men who model their bodies. these guys are not bodybuilder big, but probably juice and look "ripped muscular" as opposed to "lean"

Ruca said:
out of curiosity i found his weight on a couple of sites. he is listed at 6'2" and 188#. maybe skinny by bb or power lifter standards, but i would put $$ that there is not many hot girlies out there that would tell him that he is "too skinny"...haha

on another note....damn man from 190 to over 300....that is a huge difference!! is that natural older weight combined with lifting or have you straight up been gaining on purpose for years?

Yeah well those are the same hottie girls that would tell me I am too big so I don't pay any attention to them.LOL

Actually I dropped from 225 to 190 my freshman and sophomore years at college. I dropped from 205-190 for springbreak and then bounced right back up to 205 about a month later. Then I gradually built back up to 230 then 250 the 290. At 290 I got really sick and dropped to 265 before getting up to the current weight of 305. All in all it took nine years for all this to occur.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom