Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Major leage baseball~suck me

• Thread starter Thread starter HighIntensity
  • Start date Start date
TheProject said:

I understand all that, but I still think it's a rip. I don't know how the old-time pitchers managed to go longer and go fewer games between starts, but it seems like starting pitchers are pitching less and less these days.

a couple reasons,

the guys get paid a lot more, so they don't want to risk blowing out their arms or shortening their careers

also the pitchers are much better than the pitchers of yesteryear. They probably put their bodies through much more abuse by the velocity of the throwing motion as old school pitchers. The fastballs are faster, as well as the motion of the ball on sliders and curveballs is greater than pitchers many years ago. look at world series games, the guys that pitch with little rest don't produce as much, of course there are exceptions.

The Nature Boy said:

a couple reasons,

the guys get paid a lot more, so they don't want to risk blowing out their arms or shortening their careers

also the pitchers are much better than the pitchers of yesteryear. They probably put their bodies through much more abuse by the velocity of the throwing motion as old school pitchers. The fastballs are faster, as well as the motion of the ball on sliders and curveballs is greater than pitchers many years ago. look at world series games, the guys that pitch with little rest don't produce as much, of course there are exceptions.

Tim Wakefield

I am a huge baseball fan and I am disgusted too. Keep playing dammit, no ties! Why not allow players to come back off the bench in the all-star game? Baseball is all over now with this bullshit and the upcoming strike.

NFL season starts in about 6 weeks. I want to forget about baseball

This was on ESPN for the top 10 solutions, pretty funny:

ten things Bud Selig could have done instead of calling the game a tie:

10. Home Run Derby – pick three players, give them five swings
9. Sammy Sosa and Manny Ramirez Arm wrestle
8. Go through the players bags, the league with the most steroids, wins (lmao)
7. Bench clearing brawl, last man standing wins
6. One lucky fan pulled from the crowd to pitch an inning
5. Bob Brenly and Joe Torre pitch
4. T–Ball
3. Play out the rest of the game with a Strat-O-Matic
2. Ichiro and Luis Castillo in a foot-race

And the No. 1 thing Bud Selig should have done instead of calling the game a tie…
1. Retire

Top Bottom