Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kimbo Slice vs Tank Abbott

If what I saw was correct, that Kimbo is still at 265-270.......I just don't see how his conditioning could be better than when he came in against Gannon. For a guy to be conditioned for a long fight at that weight, he'd have to be training "for stamina" at that weight for years. All due respect to Rutten, the guy isn't a miracle worker. If you put Kimbo in Ruttens hands for 2-3 years.........Bas would strip him of all his weight and then bring him back up. To redo someone's physique is hard enough to do anyway, impossible given the time period that Bas has been working with him. Right now Bas is working with Kimbo's strong points. To break Kimbo down and "retool" him simply isn't feasible right now. And the only reason xc brought him in to fight was to be the monster that he is. It may very well be entertaining if both guys just say fuck it and come out like it's a hockey fight.....who knows.

Lumberg said:
First off the crap about Kimbo dropping weight but still getting winded against Gannon--that was way before he started training with Bas Rutten. Bas above all stresses conditioning, conditioning, conditioning. So no exhaustion/drooling from Kimbo, just Tank.

Secondly, Kimbo is going to definitely come out like a professional fighter. And yes, undoubtedly, Bas has taught Kimbo some submission moves, grappling, etc.

It's true that Kimbo is not reknowned for stamina. However he's not reknowned for a marked lack of stamina like Tank. Even in that fight against Gannon, which was an exhaustion knockout, he demonstrated way better stamina than Tank. And that was before he started training w/ Bas.

Finally, to all the people who still doubt Kimbo, you're absolutely right. Kimbo wiping the ring with Tank won't prove anything. But talent has to be developed, you have to groom the newbies and get them up to the level gradually. Same goes for boxers, football players, heck even racehorses.

Kimbo is badass, and he might become a top dawg in MMA. However, it's just as likely that Kimbo will falter once he starts seeing "real" competition. It remains to be seen. And IMO, it will be fun to watch.

Well, we can agree that we both hope that it's an entertaining fight between two guys with heavy hands and strong chins.

Lumberg said:
First off the crap about Kimbo dropping weight but still getting winded against Gannon--that was way before he started training with Bas Rutten. Bas above all stresses conditioning, conditioning, conditioning. So no exhaustion/drooling from Kimbo, just Tank.

Secondly, Kimbo is going to definitely come out like a professional fighter. And yes, undoubtedly, Bas has taught Kimbo some submission moves, grappling, etc.

It's true that Kimbo is not reknowned for stamina. However he's not reknowned for a marked lack of stamina like Tank. Even in that fight against Gannon, which was an exhaustion knockout, he demonstrated way better stamina than Tank. And that was before he started training w/ Bas.

Finally, to all the people who still doubt Kimbo, you're absolutely right. Kimbo wiping the ring with Tank won't prove anything. But talent has to be developed, you have to groom the newbies and get them up to the level gradually. Same goes for boxers, football players, heck even racehorses.

Kimbo is badass, and he might become a top dawg in MMA. However, it's just as likely that Kimbo will falter once he starts seeing "real" competition. It remains to be seen. And IMO, it will be fun to watch.
saw all of kimbo back yard brawls .. where he knocked out bums .. also saw him get hiz azz kicked by gannon .. tired or watever u wanna say.. hmmm maybe he got better cause of a new great trainer ..but how can we assume this

?

kimbo was much more enteraining in the backyard brawls also btw

Lumberg said:
Well, we can agree that we both hope that it's an entertaining fight between two guys with heavy hands and strong chins.

I"ve seen enough ogre fights in my life. The only reason people are hyped about this fight is because alot of people think Kimbo is just a street nigger and want to see a white guy take him down like Gannon did. I actually kind of like Kimbo though.......despite beingt he proverbial silverback you don't want to see walking down the street toward you, he kind of does come across like an ok guy. And in his fights, he's cool when he knocks some dude on his ass.........I"ve never seen him taunt an opponent. I think his annoying lackies are what have made people turn on him. I think if he dropped 30 pounds and got into the kind of conditioning that is required of modern day MMA fighters........he might be real trouble.

hurricane187 said:
hmmm maybe he got better cause of a new great trainer ..but how can we assume this

?

I am not assuming that, I simply think it's more likely than not.

The fun part is going to see whether it's true.

bahh imo he will be a middle of the pack fighter at best .. hiz backyard brawls were the shyttt ! now he like hip-hop gone mainstream :sleeping: :sleeping:

Wow. Hindsight's 20-20 huh?

Lumberg said:
to all the people who still doubt Kimbo, you're absolutely right. Kimbo wiping the ring with Tank won't prove anything. But talent has to be developed, you have to groom the newbies and get them up to the level gradually. Same goes for boxers, football players, heck even racehorses.

Top Bottom