Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kimbo Slice vs Tank Abbott

redsamurai said:
Kimbo dropped alot of weight to fight Gannon........and he was still winded after like 30 seconds. Doesn't look like Kimbo dropped into the low 200's........so it's going to be a crappy fight between two guys whom it's very difficult to knock out. So they're going to swing like mad for 20-30 seconds.......than lean on each other while drooling on each others shoulders for the rest of the round. One guy might land one of those "exhaustion" knockouts where the guy who got hit just doesn't want to get up. Crappy fight coming...........no way I'm going to pay for that.

Wow I am no expert by any stretch but this post reeks of ignorance.

I do agree that it might be a crappy fight, but only because it might end in a decision, if Tank doesn't have a heart attack first.

Not sure about Tank's chin but I am pretty sure Kimbo's got some good whiskers. And yeah one of those lame exhaustion knockouts is also possible, but only on Tank's part.

Can't wait for this to be a karma bookie event!

And still wondering about the details as far as whether it's on regular Showtime or what.

I'll take that Kimbo idiot seriously the day he goes against someone like Fedor. Damn he once said he could take down anyone....

only thing tank will really bring is experience in the ring, and a hard right, most likely harder than most that have fought kimbo. (and i say that meaning raw power, not a real "skilled" power) If he does hit kimbo with a clean shot, kimbo will know he was hit. But, kimbo i believe has been training with bas rutten and they say he is learning. whoever has the "killer instinct" that night wins

Bas Rutten is a great coach and training with him can improve any fighter's game.

Mr. dB said:
Hey JC, when did you become a Moderator? Way to sneak in under the radar.

I'm officially the sheriff of the Martial Arts Board now. Most of the posters there are cool guys and there's never any spam so I'm pretty limited in what I do. It's been less than a month I think.

FISHTALES said:
only thing tank will really bring is experience in the ring, and a hard right, most likely harder than most that have fought kimbo. (and i say that meaning raw power, not a real "skilled" power) If he does hit kimbo with a clean shot, kimbo will know he was hit. But, kimbo i believe has been training with bas rutten and they say he is learning. whoever has the "killer instinct" that night wins

Tank flat out KO'd Cabbage and that is no small feat. Cabbage took bombs from Tim Silvia without flinching and was battered by Andrei Arlovsky for several rounds before toppling.

PICK3 said:
Tank fought top ranked UFC veterans.

Kimbo fought unskilled street thugs.

Tank by ground n pound.

Gary Turner, Paul Buentello, Cabbage, Kimo, Hidehiko Yoshida, and Frank Mir are nowhere near the top of the MMA food chain and Tank lost handily to them all. Yoshida and Mir are the best of the lot and are fringe competitors at best.

how is my post ignorant when you just restated everything I said? I know full well that both have really good chins, I said as much.....which means that if someone doesn't land a hammer shot in the first 20 seconds, the chance for a knockout decreases exponentially after the first 30 seconds. I could of course be wrong and these two guys come out like proffessional fighters and go against everything they've done to date. But something tells me these guys are going to swing for each others sweet spot......and both of them can take bombs. So I still think it's going to be a haymaker war between two guys who aren't exactly reknowned for their stamina. So unless one guy hit's the sweet spot dead on......it's going to be an ogre fight after a minute. But maybe Bas taught Kimbo a few armlocks??......

Lumberg said:
Wow I am no expert by any stretch but this post reeks of ignorance.

I do agree that it might be a crappy fight, but only because it might end in a decision, if Tank doesn't have a heart attack first.

Not sure about Tank's chin but I am pretty sure Kimbo's got some good whiskers. And yeah one of those lame exhaustion knockouts is also possible, but only on Tank's part.

Can't wait for this to be a karma bookie event!

And still wondering about the details as far as whether it's on regular Showtime or what.

redsamurai said:
how is my post ignorant when you just restated everything I said? I know full well that both have really good chins, I said as much.....which means that if someone doesn't land a hammer shot in the first 20 seconds, the chance for a knockout decreases exponentially after the first 30 seconds. I could of course be wrong and these two guys come out like proffessional fighters and go against everything they've done to date. But something tells me these guys are going to swing for each others sweet spot......and both of them can take bombs. So I still think it's going to be a haymaker war between two guys who aren't exactly reknowned for their stamina. So unless one guy hit's the sweet spot dead on......it's going to be an ogre fight after a minute. But maybe Bas taught Kimbo a few armlocks??......

First off the crap about Kimbo dropping weight but still getting winded against Gannon--that was way before he started training with Bas Rutten. Bas above all stresses conditioning, conditioning, conditioning. So no exhaustion/drooling from Kimbo, just Tank.

Secondly, Kimbo is going to definitely come out like a professional fighter. And yes, undoubtedly, Bas has taught Kimbo some submission moves, grappling, etc.

It's true that Kimbo is not reknowned for stamina. However he's not reknowned for a marked lack of stamina like Tank. Even in that fight against Gannon, which was an exhaustion knockout, he demonstrated way better stamina than Tank. And that was before he started training w/ Bas.

Finally, to all the people who still doubt Kimbo, you're absolutely right. Kimbo wiping the ring with Tank won't prove anything. But talent has to be developed, you have to groom the newbies and get them up to the level gradually. Same goes for boxers, football players, heck even racehorses.

Kimbo is badass, and he might become a top dawg in MMA. However, it's just as likely that Kimbo will falter once he starts seeing "real" competition. It remains to be seen. And IMO, it will be fun to watch.

Top Bottom