Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

jj or bjj for self defence? please help

In my opinion you should NOT mix BJJ with kickboxing, if your looking for self defense, no holds barred defense.. your best bet is arts i'm sure you have never heard of.. they involve a lot of joint and bone manipulation... basically SEAL training, they teach you CONSISTENCY, BJJ and American Kickboxing will not teach you this, the key to taking down multiple opponents, e-mail me for more info.

The_LaDiEs_MaN said:
In my opinion you should NOT mix BJJ with kickboxing, if your looking for self defense, no holds barred defense.. your best bet is arts i'm sure you have never heard of.. they involve a lot of joint and bone manipulation... basically SEAL training, they teach you CONSISTENCY, BJJ and American Kickboxing will not teach you this, the key to taking down multiple opponents, e-mail me for more info.

SEAL training(hand to hand) is a joke. My best friend is based in Coronado and I go down to drink with him and his team buddies a lot. They all know that I'm a fighter, so they always like to scrap with me. Needless to say, a lot of alchohol and tons of test, we pound the shit out of eachother. I've never lost to a SEAL. Well, I tapped out twice to one guy who was a Judo instructor prior to being in the teams. They've showed me the shit they are taught, and its efficient and practical, but it does not stand up to what you learn in a NHB dojo. You clearly have bought some video cassette series about "SEAL hand to hand combat" or some shit, because it doesn't sound like you've ever done any real mat/ring time.

Apparently you know nothing about Reality based street fighting, where knifes and other weapons could be involved.. in a street situation involving a knife, Muay Thai or any grappling art will do no good.. all of those arts are based on ring tournament scrapping with rules.. Mike Gillette taught my dad for a few years when he was a Ranger, and there is a fine line between sports arts and combat arts. Later.

http://martialarts.mybravenet.com/instruct.htm

The_LaDiEs_MaN said:
Apparently you know nothing about Reality based street fighting, where knifes and other weapons could be involved..

Umm, okay. I've studied 7 different arts over the last 20 years. I taught gun/knife disarms at an NHB dojo. I have been training in NHB for several years now. I have incorporated Tony Blauer's tactical training style and, before a recent injury, spent several hours a day training in practical application with several fighters from various styles. We trained on mats, on cement, on stairs, in phone booths, with knives, with red guns, with simunition, with live firearms, with kali sticks, and more. I have built a full size ring in my back yard, a CQB cage, and several open fighting areas of varying surfaces. Fighting is my life and I proudly put 100% of myself into it and into training others. DO NOT come on here with your lazy man's book and video tape bullshit and disrespect me by saying things like this. The link you gave is for books and tapes, yeah, you clearly know a considerable amount about "reality based street fighting," sitting on your couch sucking your coors light and reading tough guy books. Stop wasting my goddamn time "ladies man":rolleyes: ]

:finger:

I don't care, there is a fine line between tournament fighting, and street fighting.. and if you think a Muay Thai / grappling practioner can overcome a hand-to-hand combat expert who trains with reality based street fighting your going to be wrong 9 out of 10 times. You've practiced and studies for years, I see.. That does not mean a whole lot. And by saying small talk about video tape bullshit and me suckin on a coors light.. Bud for one, You have not learned the keys to on overall fighter, Self discpline, honor, and integrity by saying small talk like that... And if your going to be judging me, well expect to be judged back.. that link is Scott Stansell's website, who is currently my sensei..Flipping off is a good example of immaturity showed by you brother.. Training is not all physical but mental, i would say 60/40... 60% being mental, 40% physical.. You show no mental aspects of training brother. We all have our opinions though, so hey.. you can believe what you want and have your own opinions, if everyone in this world had the same opinions, well.. this world would be quite boring. So more power to ya.

Find one other thread on this entire board where I had an "immature" attitude.:finger: I'm getting really tired of people spouting off like you've been training your whole damn life. I show no mental aspects of training? You can tell this from a conversation thread eh?:finger: I teach philosophy, so I am more than use to agreeing to disagree and respecting other people's opinions. However, when you come on here and say how I have no self-discipline, honor, or integrity based upon my words. That is direspecting me again.:finger: You think language is symbolic of these qualities? You should hear me swear in front of my students. You're right, I show no mental aspects of training, I've only trained virtually every day of my entire life and studying eastern philosophy every night of my life so I can look cool kicking the shit out of someone:rolleyes:.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is a fine line between tournament fighting, and street fighting.. and if you think a Muay Thai / grappling practioner can overcome a hand-to-hand combat expert who trains with reality based street fighting your going to be wrong 9 out of 10 times
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you hear me even once say the word tournament. No. I haven't been in a tourny since I was 14. I was a bodyguard for several years to pay my way through college. Since high school, I have focused on practical fighting not tourny bullshit, fancy shit, etc. You obviously know very little about the topic on which your are making a futile attempt at discrediting me. Do you see me on the sports board talking about football, baseball or hockey, NO. Do you know why? Because I don't know shit about any of them. This bullshit argument isn't helping anyone learn anything which is the point of this board, so I'm going to stop wasting everyones time with you now. And don't call me brother

tyrant-X said:
but i want to be able to fight without going to the ground if possible

:devil:
Good luck! Most fights end up on the ground. You can learn to become a knockout artist but still have to have ground skills if you get tangled up.

Top Bottom