Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's funny how the world views us Americans as dumbasses.

d3track said:
i would say ignorant because of how they have viewed others based soley on things like race or religion

not all americans
but i have come across plenty in my lifetime

and some of these people have been extreamly inteligent

i hope you read my post again and notice i said i have come across more ignorant americans than stupid

thats my view of my life experience
hell, maybe i'm the ignorant one for giving people a chance instead of making a quick desicion about them...
Your claim for not liking americans is that they view others on race or religion...are not you guilty of the same offense by your judegment of americans.

I just dislike the fact that it is okay to generalize americans, almost politically acceptable.

Gambino said:
I just dislike the fact that it is okay to generalize americans, almost politically acceptable.

You're misreading.

it is not about generalizing Americans per se, though I agree with what you are saying about politically acceptable to describe the masses as "ignorant".

What is at play here is people trying to differentiate themselves from other Americans who are very much the same. it is about a grasp for individuality in a society that preaches conformity, from politics to mass media.

In all likelihood, most people on this board within certain age groups are very much the same. You could further stratify them economically. If people were to accept this it would move their lives forward, instead they employ a artifical differentiation method to rationalize their shitty mediocre existence as unique.

Funny but sad. That's people here in the good ol' United States of Generica.

GhettoStudMuffin said:
LOL.

They were german bitches. They're just mad cuz we kicked their third reich asses into submission.

Fuck 'em.

Btw, I would not have found that funny at all.

Fuck them is right, both them places suck, everywhere in this world all they wish for is to BE Americans. They want everything that is American everywhere, the "hate" for us is nothing but pure jealosy over the greatest country in the history of this earth. It's like midgets thinking there's an inside joke to the benfits of being small.

Gambino said:
Your claim for not liking americans is that they view others on race or religion...are not you guilty of the same offense by your judegment of americans.

i never said anything about not liking americans
i dont know if i would rather live in any other country
i'm not trying to generalize anyone
but i think when you come across a few bad apples, that is all that is remembered
you read any newspaper, and you'd think america was filled with with crazy people

Like the saying goes..:

"If we suck so much. And so does our country -- why does everyone want to come here?"

The worst is people who illegally come here, then have the _balls_ to insult the country and put it down.

If anyone ever deserves a good punch to the mouth -- it's those cretins.

Razorguns said:
The worst is people who illegally come here, then have the _balls_ to insult the country and put it down.
True dat!

I know a few people like that who bitch about Canada.

bluepeter said:
Americans aren't stupid obviously. That said, the lack of knowledge of anything outside of the US for the average American can sometimes be appalling.

I agree completely as a foreigner that lived in the US for a bunch of years on and off my whole life, I must say I was constantly stunned by how little Americans know about the outside world in terms of Politics/Geography/History. I mean things that are common knowledge in the rest of the world that school children know. Do you guys watch that Jay walking segment on Jay Leno? lol.

I think that the problem is that many Americans think, or are taught to think, that America = The world and The world = America and that there is nothing important or of value beyond the borders.

Razorguns said:
If you consider the quality of education and median iq of folks in this country as a whole .. they're right -- we *are* dumbasses.

But next time remind them -- that if you select distinct select areas of the country (new england, san francisco, seattle, etc.) and now compare the intellect and educational level of it's citizens...we BLOW them away!

These are also the bright geographic areas that are full of creative, intelligent minds who invent the technologies that those foreigners kiss our asses to purchase and adopt.

Just because we're a melting pot, that has a massive population of foreign born citizens from 3rd world countries with little to no education -- doesn't mean everyone is now uneducated and can barely read/write proper english.

Saying "americans" (with it's wide-varying degree of people on both ends of the educational scale) are stupid -- is akin to saying "All europeans are stupid". Without taking into accordance Europe has countries, cultures, races and obviously not all are the same.

(sigh...you'd be surprised how much i have to argue this point with arrogant brits who continually decry how americans are over-rated in the intelligence part).

Easy version: next time someone says Americans are stupid. Just say "no. You're stupid. Stupid". :)

You're the posterboy for stupidity, -=NAV=-

Aren't you an immigrant as well?

XBiker said:
You're the posterboy for stupidity, -=NAV=-

Aren't you an immigrant as well?

No. Mom's american.

Thanks for your insightful contribution to the conversation. Cookies and juice are to the left.

Top Bottom