Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I learned a little bit of Spanish and now I'm hooked! You guys should try it. Mexico City here I come!

riverrock

I went to Argentina for 2 weeks in April. I enjoyed it immensely. Before I went, I did a really simple basic Spanish course. It was a conversational course where you could learn how to book hotels, give instructions to taxi drivers, order food, use some personal greetings and so on. Nothing too complicated, just basic stuff. I cannot even begin to describe how useful it was. So useful in fact, that it made my holiday one of the best i ever had! To be able to converse in a foreign language and get understood really is a fantastic feeling. I ever found myself learning lots of new words. Yes, I'm sure I made plenty of grammar errors, but the Argentnians really responded to my efforts.

Anyhow, I have now decided to take it a step further and go to another Spanish speaking country. Spain is at my door step and I can go anytime, but the opportunity to go to Mexico City and travel Mexico for a week has come up. I know its November, but culture is in season all year round!

I went through High School absolutely hating languages. Thats the problem with us here in Britain, we never really get to visit foreign countries as we're an island, so we don't see the practical advantages in knowing French, German, Spanish as we only visit any of those countries once ever few years if we're lucky. Its not like in The Netherlands where they can drive an hour and they're in France, Belgium, or Germany.

Go learn a few words for your next trip guys, its sure worth it.

Re: I learned a little bit of Spanish and now I'm hooked! You guys should try it. M

just wait till you get hooked on the spanish wimminz.

Argentina is a beautiful country..The people are notorious for being stuck up which is annoying, but their women are some of the most beautiful in the world. oh, and their steak is OFF THE CHAIN.

you haven't had steak until you've heard argentinian steak

For me, it sucks balls because all hispanic people assume i'm hispanic so they start talking to me in spanish all fast and i'm always embarrassed. i can understand it fairly well but when it comes to speaking i'm a mess.
then they look at me like something is wrong with me :worried:
and this is in the US!!

Bro, I was in Mexico City in March...get the fuck out of there ASAP go to the Yucatan...

nothing but thieves in the city bro, read the travel advisories closely - they are true.

Re: I learned a little bit of Spanish and now I'm hooked! You guys should try it. M

MightyMouse69 said:

MM
that is ANY hispanic country.

There is no middle class in mexico, central or south america.

you have to make sure you stay within certain areas at all times.

If you start seeing too many brown or indian looking people, you know you're in the wrong spot lol.

if you're surrounded by light skinned, well dressed, european looking hispanics with bodyguards you're probably in the right areas.

people get terrified when they heard about columbia becasue of all the kidnappings but that's only in the jungle. If you go to Bogota, Medallin, or cartegena it's like being in the middle of europe for a fraction of the cost.

calveless wonder said:
just wait till you get hooked on the spanish wimminz.

Argentina is a beautiful country..The people are notorious for being stuck up which is annoying, but their women are some of the most beautiful in the world. oh, and their steak is OFF THE CHAIN.

you haven't had steak until you've heard argentinian steak

Yes, I tried the steak and its beautiful. I actually found the Argentinians very warm people. I cannot understand how all the Portenos are seen as full of themselves! Their women are georgeous! I spent my entire two weeks chatting p all the women! I was determined to at least take an Argentinian girl out to dinner before I left. Funny thing is though, when I did manage to take a lady out on a date in Argentina - It turned out she was from Paraguay!!! (Although to be fair, it was in Correntes which isn't too far from Paraguay-Argentina border and has a big Paraguay student population!)

The only thing I found really messed up was their diet. Breakfast means nothing except coffee, people snack all day, and then have a massive meal very late at night. I found that strange.

riverrock said:
Yes, I tried the steak and its beautiful. I actually found the Argentinians very warm people. I cannot understand how all the Portenos are seen as full of themselves! Their women are georgeous! I spent my entire two weeks chatting p all the women! I was determined to at least take an Argentinian girl out to dinner before I left. Funny thing is though, when I did manage to take a lady out on a date in Argentina - It turned out she was from Paraguay!!! (Although to be fair, it was in Correntes which isn't too far from Paraguay-Argentina border and has a big Paraguay student population!)

The only thing I found really messed up was their diet. Breakfast means nothing except coffee, people snack all day, and then have a massive meal very late at night. I found that strange.

welcome to hispanic culture.

currently, Mexico is esp. problematic - express kidnappings are at a high. I've been to most of the countries, and yes there are areas. But Mexico City is throughout. No one goes there, if you go on business you get an armed guard typically.

calveless wonder said:
MM
that is ANY hispanic country.

There is no middle class in mexico, central or south america.

you have to make sure you stay within certain areas at all times.

If you start seeing too many brown or indian looking people, you know you're in the wrong spot lol.

if you're surrounded by light skinned, well dressed, european looking hispanics with bodyguards you're probably in the right areas.

people get terrified when they heard about columbia becasue of all the kidnappings but that's only in the jungle. If you go to Bogota, Medallin, or cartegena it's like being in the middle of europe for a fraction of the cost.

riverrock said:
Hey Bro, good to hear from you again. Yes, I've heard that you need to have your wits about you. But, I'm a fairly seasoned traveller. Mexico City is where I fly in and out of as regards London. But, I want to get up and see Mexico's Copper Canyon. Looks awesome.

enjoy, we will talk when you return...wait till you experience Mexico City airport.. lol I will refrain from saying anything further!

Top Bottom