Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hard to believe, Ryan Leaf is retiring from football.

I saw the same with some hockey players: Jim Carey (Vezina trophy then 3 years later he's out), Alexandre Daigle. They have talent but no motivation.

manny78 said:
I saw the same with some hockey players: Jim Carey (Vezina trophy then 3 years later he's out), Alexandre Daigle. They have talent but no motivation.

Maybe they just want to keep all of their teeth.

A couple older names:

Remember Don MacPherson, runner up in the Heisman in the 80's for the Orangemen, and drafted by the Eagles??? Either first round or early second round, I don't think he did too much...
Chuck Long -highed touted passer out of Iowa did NOTHING in the NFL-first rounder, near the top
How about any number of Big Eight Nebraska or Oklahoma quarterbacks running the Wishbone in the 80's??...great teams but it was assumed that the QB's were great also. I don't know if Jamelle Holloway was ever drafted but he was big stuff for a couple of years.

Some good names thrown around in this thread!

Mdguy said:
How about any number of Big Eight Nebraska or Oklahoma quarterbacks running the Wishbone in the 80's??...great teams but it was assumed that the QB's were great also

Yeah, I remember some guy named JC Watts. I wonder whatever happened to him?

Mdguy said:

Chuck Long -highed touted passer out of Iowa did NOTHING in the NFL-first rounder, near the top

hahahaha, he said Chuck Long.

Another in the long list of failure Lions QB's.

ttlpkg said:

Yeah, I remember some guy named JC Watts. I wonder whatever happened to him?

Actually, what is he going to do now?? a future cabinet position, maybe? I think head of the RNC would be good

Art Schlichter

He was drafted out of Ohio State (27th or 28th pick) by the then Baltimore Colts. ....1983????..got put in prison after football for check kiting and during his playing days had a known BIG gambling problem,which I think got him kicked out of the league...

Re: Art Schlichter

Mdguy said:
He was drafted out of Ohio State (27th or 28th pick) by the then Baltimore Colts. ....1983????..got put in prison after football for check kiting and during his playing days had a known BIG gambling problem,which I think got him kicked out of the league...

Yep, it was the quarterback class of '83 and he's banned from the NFL.

Top Bottom