Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gonna adopt this dog....

I think you're somewhat right. My opinion is that they are a breed that requires a very strong and strong willed owner. Someone who they will see as the alpha "pack leader" without question.

Most people who own pits just shouldn't own them IMO. But you look at even the most vicious pits, and someone like Cesar Milan can come along and work with those dogs and rehabilitate them back into a pack and they no longer fight with other dogs...just cements the fact that they need a strong owner with a lot of time to devote to them.

They are a high energy breed and you have to give them something good to do with that energy or they will do something bad with it (like attacking other animals or people).

I think your rant seems on the extreme end of the spectrum, in other words.
I have to bump this, seriously, only to add there is a difference between what Cesar does and what a dog trainer does. Cesar doesn't teach a dog to perform tricks, he fixes the emotional problem (which he calls energy, never mind the terminology, 99% of the time it's the human's problem because they think dogs use a human brain to think) and when that problem is fixed THEN the dog trainer can teach the damn dog tricks.

I FRIGGIN' LOVE CESAR!!! He da man!!! I own two of his books and I'm a cat person.

And to trainers who disdain Cesar's methods, fuck them, seriously. Every one of them is applying human psychology to an animal's mind, which doesn't work.

Cesar uses a lot of touch and body language with dogs, that's how dogs communicate. I have cats, six of them, and cats communicate through body language (posture and tail position) and eye contact. I have a couple of cats that I can actually get to do certain things (come to me, sit on my lap -- or not -- sit or stand in a specific spot) without moving my body or saying a word or using food. You just have to understand that cats communicate by eye contact. If I look at virtually any of my cats, then look at where I want it to be, then look back at my cat, the cat will get up and move to where I looked (some of them are faster on the uptake than others). Shit like that wouldn't work with dogs but a really good example of dog versus cat psychology: In a dog, sniffing butts is a way of greeting; in cats, sniffing butts is considered the epitome of trust. When a cat sticks its ass in your face, it's actually giving you the highest compliment it can (in it's language). You need to realize, the cat is doing the equivalent of giving you a copy of both its car keys AND the keys to its house. On the other hand, for dogs, ass sniffing is equivalent to shaking hands and exchanging business cards.

Animals don't friggin' communicate the same way we do, but they DO communicate. You just have to find their language.

I grew up with chihuahuas that bit me all the fucking time, guess how many times any of my 3 great dane I used to have bit me? NONE, and one of them was pretty ferocious when rescued(because he was tied with a 4ft cord), people baby chihuahuas and establish no limits so they're awful dogs sometimes, if they were the size of a pitbull with it's strength they'd be ALL over the news too....

Yep, that's why I picked her. Well, that and I just thought an ugly, saggy-skinned, 225 lb dog was pretty damn cool.
Awwww :heart: my first dog with my hubby was a N Mastiff... RIP Drago.... severe hip dysplasia at 4 months :( hubby loves them but was so heartbroken he couldnt get another, changed to danes...

Awwww :heart: my first dog with my hubby was a N Mastiff... RIP Drago.... severe hip dysplasia at 4 months :( hubby loves them but was so heartbroken he couldnt get another, changed to danes...
Neopolitan's have lots of health problems. Mine lasted about 6.5 years until she died of old age. I think I buried her about 6 weeks ago.

Top Bottom