Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of how Bibllical History is contrived (made up)

Frisky said:
so let me get this straight...

You have attentened every christian church in South Louisiana and YOU know exactly what EVERY pastor has to say.

I call bullshit

I know there are differences in religions, even in churches of the same religion or even how one pastor preaches different as another. No matter what faith you are, YOU ARE YOUR OWN PERSON. The minute you allow a faith to remove you from who you are as a person and if that church condones that then you know its not right. If you are that damn weak than you deserve what you get.

NUFF SAID.

This doesn't make sense. When referring to the history of the bible and christianity, it doesn't matter what any preacher preaches. The point is that I have spent countless hours studying religious history, including the history of the bible and christianity. If something is a lie to begin with, it doesn't matter what "spin" a preacher puts on the biblical text in question, it's still based on BS. Sure you can use some of the stories - that's all they really are - in the bible to try and teach certain aspects of morality, but you can do the same thing with a childrens book, or even something as crude as South Park. Let me ask you something. How is it possible that an all-powerful, all-present, all-knowing god be limited to a single book called the bible? If god loves everybody, then why do christians think they are the only ones who get to go to heaven? If god is love (which the bible clearly states he is), and god created everything, then why does hell - a place of torment - even exist? How can love condemn anyone to eternal torment? Christianity is nothing but a series of contradictions.

It's all in your mind. Whatever you need to believe to get you through this thing called life without losing your sanity before you eventually become worm food and after that... I don't know.

All I know is that I want an endless supply of beautiful women to fuck or it can't be heaven.

krishna said:
This doesn't make sense. When referring to the history of the bible and christianity, it doesn't matter what any preacher preaches. The point is that I have spent countless hours studying religious history, including the history of the bible and christianity. If something is a lie to begin with, it doesn't matter what "spin" a preacher puts on the biblical text in question, it's still based on BS. Sure you can use some of the stories - that's all they really are - in the bible to try and teach certain aspects of morality, but you can do the same thing with a childrens book, or even something as crude as South Park. Let me ask you something. How is it possible that an all-powerful, all-present, all-knowing god be limited to a single book called the bible? If god loves everybody, then why do christians think they are the only ones who get to go to heaven? If god is love (which the bible clearly states he is), and god created everything, then why does hell - a place of torment - even exist? How can love condemn anyone to eternal torment? Christianity is nothing but a series of contradictions.
I consider myself a Christian, but I believe that we have sort of twisted the word of God, etc. I think that God doesn't cast people into hell. If anyone goes to hell it is because they condemn themselves or turn away from God out of shame, once they meet him. I beleive the bible is a collection of allegories, but they are written by humans and imperfect in their messages, at time. I believe that Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, and even atheists can go to heaven if they were loving. I think that believing and knowing God may not be so literal as being one religion or another, but knowing God by knowing how to love. New Agey? Maybe. That is just what I think.

HeatherRae said:
I consider myself a Christian, but I believe that we have sort of twisted the word of God, etc. I think that God doesn't cast people into hell. If anyone goes to hell it is because they condemn themselves or turn away from God out of shame, once they meet him. I beleive the bible is a collection of allegories, but they are written by humans and imperfect in their messages, at time. I believe that Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, and even atheists can go to heaven if they were loving. I think that believing and knowing God may not be so literal as being one religion or another, but knowing God by knowing how to love. New Agey? Maybe. That is just what I think.

I believe you're all full of shit and noone knows anything about what is unknowable.

HeatherRae said:

I would not classify you as a christian. Maybe you should reconsider the label you have cast on yourself. You seem far to intelligent and evolved in spiritual wisdom to seperate youself like that. Christians believe that accepting christ is the only way to heaven. You are clearly beyond this naive hypocrisy. Religious labels sperate people and cause animosity towards one another. Why would someone as accepting as you want to have a label which creates the idea of seperation? God is one, and in unity, there is God. When we are with God, we have no labels, we just are.

krishna said:
I would not classify you as a christian. Maybe you should reconsider the label you have cast on yourself. You seem far to intelligent and evolved in spiritual wisdom to seperate youself like that. Christians believe that accepting christ is the only way to heaven. You are clearly beyond this naive hypocrisy. Religious labels sperate people and cause animosity towards one another. Why would someone as accepting as you want to have a label which creates the idea of seperation? God is one, and in unity, there is God. When we are with God, we have no labels, we just are.

God needs to bring his fucking ass into this argument and settle it once and for all.

HeatherRae said:

That works for me.

Religion should never be about making yourself better than someone else, just because you believe a certain way. That's why I will always believe that someone's true beliefs are not found in a book, or a building, but in their heart.

mightymouse69 said:
The Power of Puss Compels You!!!

No fucking doubt. Truer words were never spoken.

Top Bottom