Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of how Bibllical History is contrived (made up)

Lestat you have to be smart enough to realize that the stories in the bible are allegorical, right?

jnevin said:
Just putting this out there, but wouldn't the original source be the best in a matter like this?

I agree

But I don't read in dead languages so I generally stay clear of these trasnaltion debates, which generally involve whose claim of previous word use you tend to agree with.

Does it mean brother, or cousin, or anyone close to the person etc.

I hardly imagine this guy is the final word, but has latched on to some obscure definition he now uses to justify some convenient "error" to further his purpose.

Jews tend to not be slackers in this respect, nor so intellectually dishonest as to allow such an obvious mistranslation as the one he asserts to slip unnoticed. It might be different if he were quoting some alternate source which contradicts the Jewish version of events, but he isnt. He simply claims his translation is more accurate than their own.

Somehow I doubt this guy latched on to something which has escaped every Jewish scholar for several thousand years about their own language.

HeatherRae said:
Lestat you have to be smart enough to realize that the stories in the bible are allegorical, right?
lmao! are they??

fuck, so jesus really didn't die on the cross???????? now we are getting somewhere

I love a great many Christians, such as, my parents. But I don't love them for their beliefs, I accept them despite the beliefs.

HeatherRae said:

Thanks to Heatherrae for finally explaining this in a way that made sense to me!! I always thought that people actually believe that Jesus was killed and raised from the dead, or that he was born to a virgin mother, I think now that I know that everyone understands that it is not true, that they were allegorical, its makes far more sense.

holy shit this feels like a total break through of sorts, my whole life I was taught that things like the Adam and Eve Story, Noah and the Ark, the buring bush and ten commandments, the plagues, Lazarus waking from the dead, and most importantly the birth, death, and ressurection of Jesus were all literal events that ACTUALLY happened.

we are making progress here. If all Christians thought the same way as you that'd be a big step towards rational living. One of the things that I never could reconcile were all of the stories (when taken literally) but if viewed as an allegory, they make a LOT of sense.

In actuality they can be both. Discernment is required to differentiate between the two.

Relatively little (not in importance, but in volume) is agreed upon by all. Much of the rest has been debated by theologians for thousands of years.

The Bible was compiled 400 years after Christ came to earth. 4 centuries passed in which people not only practiced their faith and followed their religion, but did so without a Bible.

My point simply being that it is a tool of the faith, and never intended as a primer on how to be a Christian.

Lestat - I asked that it be carried to pms.

What do you do??

Copy/paste your last post into another thread.

Thank you - that indicates that the other thread was indeed duplicitous.

Since you now "know" about the "cross thing", will you be changing your sig line???

The Shadow said:
Lestat - I asked that it be carried to pms.

What do you do??

Copy/paste your last post into another thread.

Thank you - that indicates that the other thread was indeed duplicitous.

Since you now "know" about the "cross thing", will you be changing your sig line???
I've explained the sig line before, but it comes from a Tool song that has nothing to do with Christianity.

Haven't you ever been around someone who is making themselves out to be a martyr?

Eulogy by Tool

He had alot to say.
He had alot of nothing to say.
We'll miss him.

So long.
We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.
Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice that was strong and loud.
We'll miss him.
Ranting and pointing his finger
At everything but his heart.
We'll miss him.

No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me,
Like I care at all.

So loud.
You sure could yell.
You took a stand on every little thing
And so loud.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice so strong and loud and I
Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so
Eager to identify with
Someone above the ground,
Someone who seemed to feel the same,
Someone prepared to lead the way, with
Someone who would die for me.

Will you? Will you now?
Would you die for me?
Don't you fuckin lie.

Don't you step out of line.
Don't you fuckin lie.

You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.
Why then are you so surprised to hear your own eulogy?

You had alot to say.
You had alot of nothing to say.

Come down.
Get off your fuckin cross.
We need the fuckin space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.
You must be crucified
For your sins and your lies
Goodbye...

Top Bottom