Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of how Bibllical History is contrived (made up)

biteme said:
I cant believe this is still going.
its a great thread.

and BigRupe, you look into your kids eyes and see what you want to see. Don't worry, you aren't the first to subscribe to some highly improbably story for the sake of believing what you want to believe.

take a step back sometime, look at things from a different perspective.

Aztecs would rip hearts out of living humans for their gods. They were simply doing what they thought was right and had to be done.

http://home.comcast.net/~burokerl/aztecs_human_sacrifices.htm

luckily we've evolved from there right, and one day we will evolve from christianity too.

for those of you that don't click the link, read this below.

Keep in mind that these people thought this was completely rational and made perfect sense, similar to how Christians think the story of the baby jesus makes sense, and god coming to earth to save their people.

I look at the Christian story and the Aztecs religion and I think they are equally as insane.

After Columbus found the New World, hordes of Spanish colonists settled in the West Indies. Many of the colonists were ex-soldiers no longer able to find work in Europe. They eagerly left to stake a claim in the Indies for Spain. Bored by the day to day administrations of the colonies, they became restless. They traveled westwards again, toward the new frontier. The age the Spanish Conquistadores began.

The Aztecs were their most imposing foes. The Aztecs considered themselves chosen people of the gods. Their chief god was Huitzilpochtli (the Hummingbird Wizard) who represented the sun, the warrior, and fought the Aztecs' battles with the other gods to ensure the Aztecs' survival.

Huitzilpochtli needed food to nourish him so he could continue to fight. His preferred food was human blood.

In order to keep feeding Huitzilpochtli, the Aztecs warred continuously. Their army was of the utmost importance, and they had several different factions of warriors. The Knights of the Eagle and the Knights of the Jaguar were two such bodies of troops. These were the men who went forth to capture suitable human sacrifices.

Sacrifices were taken to the tops of the Aztec pyramids and laid upon a flat stone. There, their chests were cut open and their hearts were ripped out. The bodies were then thrown down the steps of the pyramid. The Spaniards who witnessed this violence were horrified.

More than blood lust prompted these ritual sacrifices. The Aztecs believed in a concept of "tonalli" or the "animating spirit". Tonalli was believed to be carried in the blood, and since blood flowed from the heart, this was the organ that was offered up to sate the god's appetite. It was believed that without these sacrifices, all motion would stop including the movement of the sun. The Aztecs' human sacrifices were intended to keep the sun from halting its orbit.

Also, the Aztecs did not have livestock. They practiced cannibalism on their captives. After the sacrifices tumbled down the stairs, the Aztec priests removed the limbs and cooked them. The hands and thighs were delicacies.

Estimates suggest 20,000 people a year were sacrificed by the Aztec royalty. This royalty was made up of a priest class. The priests directly served the Chosen Speaker. In Tenochtitlan, the Aztec capital city (with between 150,000 and 300,00 inhabitants it was one of the biggest metropolises in the world at the time) there were five thousand priests.

The priests painted their bodies black in order to symbolize religion and war. Their hair was matted with blood from human sacrifices. They filed their teeth to sharp points.

The Aztecs never fully conquered the surrounding states because they needed a continual supply of sacrifices for Huitzilpochtli. When the Spaniards came to conquer the Aztecs, they found numerous local allies. Even so, the Aztecs were not easily defeated, and much of their legacy is remembered.

The Great old days.

The Power and Might of the Spaniard invader....Not the native and their BS sacrifices.

Last edited:
foreigngirl said:
you are missing the point of my example. If your kids didnt listen to you only once, and you are all loving father as God is, would you throw them out of your blessed and fruitfull house into the cruel world when they are not prepared for it one bit? Would you really never take them back? Would you tell your daughter - because you ate this cookie that I told you not to, you will suffer in childbirth? Would YOU as a father be as cruel as God was towards his first children that were just curious as your own?
your analogy is off a bit imo...
adam and eve were grown adults... not toddlers or infants... he simply let them out into the world and gave them free will
sounds a lot better to me than making us all mindless zombies...
he did not set us out without giving man greater advantages than any beast...
no... i would not do that to my children now... but... if my children decided to do horrible things etc... at an adult age of course... i would still love them... but may not agree with what they do or support it in any way...
God dosn't give us the punishment... we dish it out on ourselves...

AAP said:
Why you think they say Dec 25th then?
its simply a day to celabrate... who cares what day it is... or was or will be...
that makes no difference...
if my birthday falls on a weekday... we probably wont celabrate it that day... does that not mean i didnt have a birthday celabration???
why even bring this up??? :rolleyes:
and no... dec. 25th is not in the Bible... quit making things up... get some education... ...even though I dont agree with Lestat and Krishna ...they still have valid arguments... this is just pathetic...

theprofessor said:
your analogy is off a bit imo...
adam and eve were grown adults... not toddlers or infants... he simply let them out into the world and gave them free will
sounds a lot better to me than making us all mindless zombies...
he did not set us out without giving man greater advantages than any beast...
no... i would not do that to my children now... but... if my children decided to do horrible things etc... at an adult age of course... i would still love them... but may not agree with what they do or support it in any way...
God dosn't give us the punishment... we dish it out on ourselves...
relatively speaking, we are toddlers and infants compared to an almighty god right? we're not even toddlers or infants, were fucking single celled ameoba

Lestat said:
relatively speaking, we are toddlers and infants compared to an almighty god right? we're not even toddlers or infants, were fucking single celled ameoba
we are not God...
that is what you are implying...
adam and eve were not toddlers or infants... so what you say has no meaning...
among adam and eve's environment... they were the highest on the food chain...

theprofessor said:
we are not God...
that is what you are implying...
adam and eve were not toddlers or infants... so what you say has no meaning...
among adam and eve's environment... they were the highest on the food chain...
we're they higher than satan who tempted them? Also, didn't god WALK WITH adam in the garden of eaden, were they higher than god?

Lestat said:
we're they higher than satan who tempted them? Also, didn't god WALK WITH adam in the garden of eaden, were they higher than god?
...satan is nothing... only what we let him become... they did not have to give in to temptation... they gave satan his power by submiting to his temptations...
i walk with God... spiritualy... not physicaly...

Top Bottom