Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of how Bibllical History is contrived (made up)

If an omnipotent God states that He will not allow Himself to behave a certain way, then that is what it is.

There is no contradiction unless you say that you CAN jump off a bulding but because you DO NOT that it is a contradiction.

Where is YOUR sense of logic you claim to have over Christians?

Can he make an invincible rock and then destroy it? If he could destroy it, then it wouldn't be invincible, and he failed to make an invincible rock; but if he couldn't destroy it, then his omnipotence failed once again because he couldn't destroy it. There's your logic buddy. Now it's not about whether he chooses to or not, it's about whether or not he can. Rebuttle?

Lestat said:
If I am to believe that Jesus was really the son of god, then I would also believe that he visited north america and revealed things to joseph smith. they both have books to confirm this as fact according to their believers.

-Again. The Bible prooves its self. What you are saying is you give prophecy no weight, but a man's word, all the authority of God.

Proof to you then means nothing.

If you suppose to believe something based on another man's opinon, you will NEVER find facts. Research it yourself. The book of Mormon has ZERO prophecy. The Bible has LOTS.

i believe none of it though, and i still don't understand why others can't see right through all the charades.

Then why ask?

If you look for facts, you will find them.

-Again. The Bible prooves its self. What you are saying is you give prophecy no weight, but a man's word, all the authority of God.

If you suppose to believe something based on another man's opinon, you will NEVER find facts. Research it yourself. The book of Mormon has ZERO prophecy. The Bible has LOTS.

Then why ask?

You have to have an open mind to find truth. If you are fixated on something such as a certain doctrine, it doesn't matter if truth is staring you right in the face, you won't see it because of the religious filter in your mind. Open your mind zealous one.

Lestat said:
i don't think it is a silly request, I am genuinely in search of the truth. Does god really think that the fate of my soul for eternity is a trivial matter?

If you are, why are you just casually asking questions you are not researching evidence for?

You keep denying without looking at the proof of Biblical validity.

NOTHING means anything when you go from wors out of mouth. If the Bible is false, Christianity is false. You said you believe it is false.

You are not looking for answers.

so what if he gave his only son 2000+ years ago, I wasn't even around then! what has he done for me lately? nothing. I've called upon him many times in my life and received not a peep.

Then why ask?

so far all i've found is a bunch of bullshit.

and the book for mormon states that the priesthood will be re instated, and that god will talk directly to profets again.

That has happened (according to the mormons) so the book is 100% fact and has prophecy!

its a matter of opinion and preference in reality, since we are talkign about "faith" here right?

krishna said:
I don't need to know. I've already stated how a prophecy works, and I am familiar with bible prophecy. I am asking so that I will know what YOU are referring to. You can't just say something is without any supporting evidence. Where is your supporting evidence? Give me some examples.
yes... i can say somthing without supporting evidence.... you read the words... i said it...
you can take the prophecies as you want...
you can take the witnesses of Christians as you want...
we are only stating our beliefs... feelings... etc... based on personal experiences with God... and no matter what we tell you we have seen or done or "know".... all you can do is hear it as a story (or the coincidence excuse)...
on the flip-side to that coin... there is no evidence that the Bible is false either... so it is a lost cause to argue over...
we give out our testimony to those that want to hear... and if you are within shouting distance... i will yell so you can hear it even if you dont want to...

krishna said:
I just let the neighbors dog use an old bible I had in the closet as a chew toy. I think he's peeing on it now. I must be going to hell....lol

Ummm....again, showing ignorance of Bible text.

I don't really care what you let your dog use.

-Why not let him use the koran?

Oh, yes, because that is considered so wrong and you would have to kill him.

A loving God would not care what you did to a book, but cares what you do in your heart.

theprofessor said:
yes... i can say somthing without supporting evidence.... you read the words... i said it...
you can take the prophecies as you want...
you can take the witnesses of Christians as you want...
we are only stating our beliefs... feelings... etc... based on personal experiences with God... and no matter what we tell you we have seen or done or "know".... all you can do is hear it as a story (or the coincidence excuse)...
on the flip-side to that coin... there is no evidence that the Bible is false either... so it is a lost cause to argue over...
we give out our testimony to those that want to hear... and if you are within shouting distance... i will yell so you can hear it even if you dont want to...

You said the prophecy is what makes the bible a fact, yet you can't point out a single occurence. There is plenty of evidence to support that the bible is false (even aside from all the logical contradictions and inconsistencies). Creationism dates back roughly 6000 years, yet science has traced the evolution of man to nearly 60,000 years. What about the dinosaurs? If it's a sin to be gay, why are some animals gay? The fact that animals are predisposed to homosexual tendencies clearly points to genetics as the reason for homosexuality. But why would god put it in our genes to be gay if it's a sin? If it's in our genes, it's not a choice. Where exactly is heaven? Astronomy shows us that there is nothing but infinite space.

Lestat said:
i don't think it is a silly request, I am genuinely in search of the truth. Does god really think that the fate of my soul for eternity is a trivial matter?

so what if he gave his only son 2000+ years ago, I wasn't even around then! what has he done for me lately? nothing. I've called upon him many times in my life and received not a peep.
were you in a relationship with God when you called on Him...
or were you a doubter who just tried to use Him as your geenie in a bottle....?

no... your soul is not a trivial matter at all... but that's not how God set things up... man has free-will... some will believe...some wont... He will not grant requests to "prove" Himself... as he must be FOUND...
this is biblical and you can look it up if you need to read it for yourself...
but like you said... you read the Bible a few times...

NOTHING means anything when you go from wors out of mouth. If the Bible is false, Christianity is false. You said you believe it is false.

You are not looking for answers.

Well, consider how long the books of the Old Testament existed as word of mouth legends before they were written down by scribes. You've just undermined your own argument.

Top Bottom