Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of how Bibllical History is contrived (made up)

If I am to believe that Jesus was really the son of god, then I would also believe that he visited north america and revealed things to joseph smith. they both have books to confirm this as fact according to their believers.

i believe none of it though, and i still don't understand why others can't see right through all the charades.

Lestat said:
theprofessor:

How is this, I will settle this once and for all.

I will pray to Allah tonight and tell him that if he is the true god, make it so that I am on time to work tomorrow. If that happens, then I have no choice but to believe he is true.

I'll give Jesus a chance too, make me get into a car wreck on the way home from work if he is the true god, and I'll serve him.

seems simple enough, especially for an all powerful being.
if you dont believe in God... he will not speak so directly with you....
i know you have read the Bible... so you should know... "do not put the Lord to silly tests"...
you have to have a relationship with Him...
God dosn't fill "requests" like that... the Bible teaches that...

AAP said:
The New Testament is nothing more than a collaberation of ancient politicians that hand picked what they wanted to go into it for the sole sake of their own agenda. God did not write the Bible. Man wrote the Bible. Man voted on what to include in the Bible and what to change about the entire Biblical history.

Right on a couple of points:

1. Catholicism changed it.
2. Wescott and Hort, several hundred years ago changed it. -Where most translations come from.
3. Common printing and spelling errors changed it.

That is why I say original Greek and HEBREW are the accuracies and all others must agree or be false.

Jesus did not receive his Divine Holiness from God, he received it from a vote (very narrow one at that) of ancient Roman idiots.

Prove it.

Lestat said:
If I am to believe that Jesus was really the son of god, then I would also believe that he visited north america and revealed things to joseph smith. they both have books to confirm this as fact according to their believers.

i believe none of it though, and i still don't understand why others can't see right through all the charades.

I don't believe your red head story or your carwash story, I just don't have proof ;)

theprofessor said:
if you dont believe in God... he will not speak so directly with you....
i know you have read the Bible... so you should know... "do not put the Lord to silly tests"...
you have to have a relationship with Him...
God dosn't fill "requests" like that... the Bible teaches that...
i don't think it is a silly request, I am genuinely in search of the truth. Does god really think that the fate of my soul for eternity is a trivial matter?

so what if he gave his only son 2000+ years ago, I wasn't even around then! what has he done for me lately? nothing. I've called upon him many times in my life and received not a peep.

More insults. Nice.

By your own admission, the Bible is different from the text you have. Therefore, only one can be accurate.

-Using your own logic example from above.

Except you say you agree there are two different names for the same god.

Your "god" says one thing, the Bible (which you cannot prove non-divine) says another.

One is wrong.

You would rather insult people who follow the divine.

There are 1000's of different names for god, and for anything or anyone for that matter. I can refer to the god of the bible as "penis breath", and that's his name to me. The god of islam sent down Abraham, Moses, Isiah, and Jesus. They hold the old testament as true. Are you saying that the old testament is false? But wait, it's apart of the christian religion too. Now you can't say islam is totally false or else you'd be saying that christianity is false also because they both believe in the old testament. Interesting.

Lestat said:
lol, bro did you just say that Jesus was cloned???

I said a virgin birth makes sense by what we know today. -Not that the method was cloning.

Point being: That which seemed absured long ago and was a miracle is becoming more possible today, which makes the Bible proven divine more and more daily.

krishna said:
Hey you just pointed out one of the contridictions for me. If god is omnipotent, then that implies that he can do anything and everything, but you said he cannot lie or be unjust. I'll use your own words to quote "No middle ground"; either he can do everything or he can't. Which is it? The bible claims both are true....CONTRADICTION - meaning it's not possible.

If an omnipotent God states that He will not allow Himself to behave a certain way, then that is what it is.

There is no contradiction unless you say that you CAN jump off a bulding but because you DO NOT that it is a contradiction.

Where is YOUR sense of logic you claim to have over Christians?

I just let the neighbors dog use an old bible I had in the closet as a chew toy. I think he's peeing on it now. I must be going to hell....lol

I said a virgin birth makes sense by what we know today. -Not that the method was cloning.

Point being: That which seemed absured long ago and was a miracle is becoming more possible today, which makes the Bible proven divine more and more daily.
please explain to me how cloning and the virigin birth have anything to do with each other.

you are saying that cloning makes the virgin birth "make sense" now right? how exactly?

Top Bottom