Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of how Bibllical History is contrived (made up)

krishna said:
Science wasn't wrong in assuming the world is flat. That's the essence of the scientific method. You first hypothesize and come up with a theory, i.e., the earth is flat, then you test it to find out whether or not it holds in order to get to the truth. In this case, the theory was wrong, but not science, the whole process of science is what led us to the discovery that the earth is actually round.

Did "science" ever state that the world was flat?

Speaking of science vs. the church, what about poor old Copernicus?

Mr. dB said:
He is using that as an example of how science can be wrong and the Bible right. He is implying that "science" once claimed that the world was flat.
i never said science being wrong makes the Bible right... only ...it makes it possible...

Mr. dB said:
Did "science" ever state that the world was flat?

Speaking of science vs. the church, what about poor old Copernicus?
it isnt a matter of science vs. the church at all... by any means...
it is science vs. science and the fact that people do make mistakes and i highly doubt they are able to give a reasonable date on the age of the earth... science can be wrong... and that leaves possibilities...

theprofessor said:
i never once said being gay is a diesease... dont put words in my mouth... i said its possible through abuse... mentaly or physicaly... my wife's aunt is gay because she was raped by her dad... so she found women to be comforting to her... she knows it is a psycological problem she has... she admits that... so with that said... there are many reasons why animals might do gay acts on eachother...
as far as my comment on the earth being flat... that is what science was so sure of... but information for you... science is proved wrong every day...
with that in mind... how can we be so sure that science can put an accurate age on the earth... they can't even tell you how old the cheeseburger is you just bought at the McD's drivethu...
here are some examples of Bible prophecy... http://www.100prophecies.org/

Ok you said it was a sickness. Not much of a difference there; it still has the same impact.

krishna said:
Ok you said it was a sickness. Not much of a difference there; it still has the same impact.
wrong again... i said "could be" and i provided a situation where this occured...
and i did not say sickness as in disease.... read my post...
it states "sickness, mentaly".... refering to mental illness...

I prophesy that I will go to school tomorrow and take a shower. I prophesy that the war between america and iraq will one day end. I prophesy that the temperature will be over 100 F somewhere in the world tomorrow. Once all these come true, you will see how I am a brilliant prophet. If I made a million prophesies, and 100 of them came true, guess which ones everyone would remember..... probably the ones that came true. I'm sure there were countless predictions back then, non of which came true. Some do come true under certain interpretations, but that's true today too, and for any period in time for that matter. I can write a book recording only my predictions that came true, but that wouldn't make it some god inspired, divine doctrine.

theprofessor said:
wrong again... i said "could be" and i provided a situation where this occured...
and i did not say sickness as in disease.... read my post...
it states "sickness, mentaly".... refering to mental illness...

I'm a psychology major. Mental illness is classified as disease. Again, has the same impact. Quit backtracking. It doesn't matter if you didn't mean disease, sickness is just as bad.

krishna said:
I prophesy that I will go to school tomorrow and take a shower. I prophesy that the war between america and the iraq will one day end. I prophesy that the temperature will be over 100 F somewhere in the world tomorrow. Once all these come true, you will see how I am a brilliant prophet. If I made a million prophesies, and 100 of them came true, guess which ones everyone would remember..... probably the ones that came true. I'm sure there were countless predictions back then, non of which came true. Some do come true under certain interpretations, but that's true today too, and for any period in time for that matter. I can write a book recording only my predictions that came true, but that wouldn't make it some god inspired, divine doctrine.
damn dude... you should start a cult then i guess...
but the Bible was written a long time ago... and there realy arent a lot of prophecies that havnt come to pass... and who's to say those wont be...
the Bible dosent have a million prophecies in the Old Testament... a very good percentage of them have came to be... and the others are still possible...
and more importantly... the prophecy's werent about what they would do the next day... that would obviously come true because they are in control of themselves...
it is prophecy because they have no ties to the future that they fortell... they have no control over it... you on the other hand... can decide for yourself if you want to take a shower...

theprofessor said:
damn dude... you should start a cult then i guess...
but the Bible was written a long time ago... and there realy arent a lot of prophecies that havnt come to pass... and who's to say those wont be...
the Bible dosent have a million prophecies in the Old Testament... a very good percentage of them have came to be... and the others are still possible...
and more importantly... the prophecy's werent about what they would do the next day... that would obviously come true because they are in control of themselves...
it is prophecy because they have no ties to the future that they fortell... they have no control over it... you on the other hand... can decide for yourself if you want to take a shower...

But I can't control the temperature or the war in iraq. If you're going to address my statement, don't leave things out that that suggest I'm only speaking a certain way.

Top Bottom