Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DUKE UNIVERSITY Lacrosse Team

Guilty or Innocent?

• Yes, guilty. Athletes are meatheads and racist.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No, that black stripper mother of two is trying to bank off of Duke

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters
eat big said:
Ehh, yeah that's much more true for college. I guess your right but I honestly think it's because most minorities can't afford it which is why it's sad (If it's private).

The sadness lies in the racism of scholarships.
Schools have a lot of scholarship opportunities for hispanics and blacks.
The United Negro College Fund is still alive and well today.

How is it fair to the middle class white kid who has a 3.8 GPA and cant afford to go to college, while the poor black kid who has a 3.0 GPA and gets a full ride?

How is it fair to asians and indians (middle easterners) who are working class families and their kids all cancel each other out with their matching 4.0 gpa's while applying for only academic scholarships (since no other minority scholarships are usually available to these two minority groups)?

nycgirl said:
Maybe they are a bunch of assholes that have no respect for women. Had they (the strippers) been white, the same thing might have happened. Like Tiger said, they should've been protected.

If there is evidence of something fucked up occurring, it doesn't matter that these were black ghetto strippers with 4 children and 3 baby daddies in jail. Just like it doesn't matter if they were white girls that got too drunk at some frat party.

The legal system will straigten it out.

Damn, where is 75th? This could've been so much better.
I made the poll just to answer out in stereotypical fashion from one view point to the other.

nycgirl said:
Maybe they are a bunch of assholes that have no respect for women. Had they (the strippers) been white, the same thing might have happened. Like Tiger said, they should've been protected.

If there is evidence of something fucked up occurring, it doesn't matter that these were black ghetto strippers with 4 children and 3 baby daddies in jail. Just like it doesn't matter if they were white girls that got too drunk at some frat party.

The legal system will straigten it out.

Damn, where is 75th? This could've been so much better.

Some black sports writers say it is a major racial issue because the whole team except one person is white and the victims were black. Sure the same thing could have happened if they were white. But there is a 911 phone call from someone who was walking in front of the house and they called them racial slurs. They obviously treat women like shit.

Kakdiesel said:
The sadness lies in the racism of scholarships.
Schools have a lot of scholarship opportunities for hispanics and blacks.
The United Negro College Fund is still alive and well today.

How is it fair to the middle class white kid who has a 3.8 GPA and cant afford to go to college, while the poor black kid who has a 3.0 GPA and gets a full ride?

How is it fair to asians and indians (middle easterners) who are working class families and their kids all cancel each other out with their matching 4.0 gpa's while applying for only academic scholarships (since no other minority scholarships are usually available to these two minority groups)?

Not touching that issue at all. Had enough of that for one lifetime already.

eat big said:
Some black sports writers say it is a major racial issue because the whole team except one person is white and the victims were black. Sure the same thing could have happened if they were white. But there is a 911 phone call from someone who was walking in front of the house and they called them racial slurs. They obviously treat women like shit.

CORRECTION:

they treat STRIPPERS LIKE SHIT.

Kakdiesel said:
CORRECTION:

they treat STRIPPERS LIKE SHIT.

Eh no one knows if they would do it to white women or not so...

I'm getting out of this thread before it gets nasty.

eat big said:
Eh no one knows if they would do it to white women or not so...

I'm getting out of this thread before it gets nasty.

I dont think it should get nasty. this story has so much sex appeal its ridiculous. Duke, racial issues, college athletes, money, etc.

Also I was trying to differentiate strippers and women.

eat big said:

Well, of course the team is predominately white. Um, playing on the lacrosse team was not an option at John Jay High School in Brooklyn, New York. The only black player that was on the Syracuse team while I was there was from Northern VA. I'm willing to bet he (the only black player) is from a similar community or a prep school. The fact that the sports writers (black,) would even mention that is stupid.

Yes, the use of racial slurs doesn't help the situation. It stirred up some old wounds. However, I don't think its a "hate crime". According to what I read on washingtonpost.com, they were called ni**ers before they walked in the door. If they felt uncomfortable, wtf did they go in there?

LOL @ differentiating between strippers and women. I'll leave this one alone.

nycgirl said:
Well, of course the team is predominately white. Um, playing on the lacrosse team was not an option at John Jay High School in Brooklyn, New York. The only black player that was on the Syracuse team while I was there was from Northern VA. I'm willing to bet he (the only black player) is from a similar community or a prep school. The fact that the sports writers (black,) would even mention that is stupid.

Yes, the use of racial slurs doesn't help the situation. It stirred up some old wounds. However, I don't think its a "hate crime". According to what I read on washingtonpost.com, they were called ni**ers before they walked in the door. If they felt uncomfortable, wtf did they go in there?

I think its illogical to say that a person who doesnt respect a stripper, doesnt respect women.

i think thats an unfair assumption. I dont respect strippers. I respect women. Is that wrong?

nycgirl said:

Didn't know they did it before they walked in the door. When they heard that, they should've gotten out fast. I think it's more of a social issue as well that happens to also be racial. Ie: upper class kids and strippers. Not to mention the players were probably drunk or blazed.

Top Bottom