Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does anyone know about bears?

stilleto

ELITE MENTOR
EF VIP
on my way home from work, my daughter called me, crying. she had been in the paddock with her horse, and two big bears climbed down out of a tree right near her. like, maybe 20 feet away on the other side of the fence.
she ran inside and called me, afraid for her horse.
i was home in 10 minutes and the horse was fine, with no sign of any bears.

so we've all been a little edgy.

just now, i was in my office when i heard what REALLY sounded like a grizzly adams type of bear-like growl, and then a bunch of the horses from the stables across the street were making a ton of noise for a minute.
my boys ran downstairs to tell me they thought they heard a bear growl...

I don't hear anything now, but... would a bear attack a horse? what if it wanted to get to its food?

yes, we have a gun.

they might but usually they'll go for easy food like whats in your trash can or whatever. Also if its a black bear or most anything othre than a grizzly don't play dead if you encounter it cause it will maul and eat you unlike a grizzly who likes to wait untill the food is dead for a while.

Sounds like you should call animal control to get it relocated. If it is close proximity to people and scrounging for food and losing its fear of people, it is not a good thing.

I've not heard of bears taking down horses. I suppose it would be possible if a horse encountered a mom with a cub, but I haven't heard of it. :whatever:

It is more likely to get in your trash, etc.

Regardless, I would not feel good about it hanging so close to people.

heatherrae said:
Sounds like you should call animal control to get it relocated. If it is close proximity to people and scrounging for food and losing its fear of people, it is not a good thing.

I've not heard of bears taking down horses. I suppose it would be possible if a horse encountered a mom with a cub, but I haven't heard of it. :whatever:

It is more likely to get in your trash, etc.

Regardless, I would not feel good about it hanging so close to people.

animal control won't do anything with a bear.
they relocate wild animals to HERE. i live in the mountains... this is where the bears are supposed to be.

my first day in this house, i left my kids at home and went to stock up on food at a grocery store. I was in my car, looking at the house and trying to remember where the store was, when i saw a bear and two cubs AT MY FRONT DOOR.

i start screaming and i'm calling the kids from inside my car, hysterical. then i called 911 and the state trooper laughed at me when i told him where i lived. he pretty much said the bears have as much right to call about me being there as i do about them.

oh.

stilleto said:
animal control won't do anything with a bear.
they relocate wild animals to HERE. i live in the mountains... this is where the bears are supposed to be.

my first day in this house, i left my kids at home and went to stock up on food at a grocery store. I was in my car, looking at the house and trying to remember where the store was, when i saw a bear and two cubs AT MY FRONT DOOR.

i start screaming and i'm calling the kids from inside my car, hysterical. then i called 911 and the state trooper laughed at me when i told him where i lived. he pretty much said the bears have as much right to call about me being there as i do about them.

oh.

indeed.

not sure why people move out to these places, then get all freaked out when they see an animal that's supposed to be there, and want them killed or removed, etc.......no offense, but it kinda pisses me off.

Top Bottom