Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Control of the US Senate: November 06 Election (Retry)

Longhorn85

The Senate is currently composed of 55 Republicans, who have been in the majority since 2003, 44 Democrats, and one Democratic-leaning Independent (former Republican Jim Jeffords of Vermont). Jeffords is retiring and his seat is one of the 33 seats being contested, while another 17 are held by Democrats and 15 are held by Republicans.

To control 51 seats, a majority in the Senate, Democrats would need a net gain of six seats (as long as independent candidate Bernie Sanders wins Jeffords' seat in Vermont and continues to caucus with the Democrats as he does in the House). Republicans need to hold only 50 seats after the election to have a majority because the Vice President (currently Republican Dick Cheney) breaks all tie votes in his role as President of the Senate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2006

I couldn't find any decent Vegas odds for the whole Senate, only race by race, so I called it even. It is going to be very close.

2008 US Presidential Election - Winning Party
Win
Democrats -133
Republicans +105

Longhorn85 said:
2008 Prez? But this bet is on the US Senate, 2006.
I know,I use a UK site for my odds(to check against the US odds) and they have political events
but the prez campaign was all I found
just posted it as I found it interesting

We should have some indications soon, but beware of exit polls...

FAST FACTS ON EXIT POLLING

Election Experts Believe Exit Polls Give An Edge And Sway Towards Democrat Candidates.

National Exit Polls Will Skew In Favor Of Democrats This Year, Due To Large Numbers Of Uncontested Democrat Seats In The House Of Representatives.

Early Exit Polling Returns In 2004 Were Widely Inaccurate, Declaring Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) To Be The Next President Of The United States And Republicans Barely Holding A One Seat Majority In The U.S. Senate.

In The 2002 Midterm Elections, Exit Polling Produced Unusable Data.

In 2000, Exit Polling Malfunctioned And Incorrectly Projecting Vice President Al Gore As The Winner Of The Crucial Battleground State Of Florida.

http://www.gop.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=6718

Top Bottom