Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I improve my speed?

Lifting weights might help with the 40. Forget those gimicks.

But more important factor will be your endurance training. Go out for cross country and start running long and easy. Build up to 5 miles and then to 10 mile runs once a week with half those distances mid-way in the week.

endurance training isn't going to help your speed.

run sprints when you are fresh, then lift. hamstring strength is very important for speed

But more important factor will be your endurance training. Go out for cross country and start running long and easy. Build up to 5 miles and then to 10 mile runs once a week with half those distances mid-way in the week.

lmfao... you need short bursts of speed that will usually be no longer than 40meters, to even train for a mile would be a waste of time...

Try this once per week. Along with Straigh legged dead lifts and lunges a few days apart from the speed drills.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tomgreen1.htm

Those are great plyometric warmups to lead into a more intense workout

I am a huge fan of pulling a sled/tire, it will develop the raw power in your legs that is necessary in the 40.

Also Cleans, Squats, Deadlifts, Step ups will help greatly.

Remember, Explosive Strength = Speed. If you're an athlete train as explosively and dynamically as possible.

Top Bottom