Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing workout

Yeah, Bas is a scholar and a gentleman.

I wish I could kick half as hard as he does on his roundhouse.

How old am I....lol 40...yes I know it could be age related lol...i think it is from going to hard on the bag

novamanms said:
I do 6 five minute rounds of high intensity shadow boxing 4 times a week with a 30 second break in between, and I definitely am exhausted afterwards.

That's a tough workout. I boxed in an amateur exhibition a couple of years ago after training for about three weeks. It was only 3 two minute rounds but we were two heavyweights going all out and I was sucking for air after every round.

Yeah, it definitely kicks my ass. I lower intensity if I have to and when called for. Sometimes the body can't go like it used to even at 24.

High Intensity might be misleading. I go all-out as best as I can, but probably could go just a touch harder. So I would say...80-85 percent exhertion. I need to start monitoring heart rate to see.

I take classes at at Karate place by my house...so even working WITH the instuctor who is highly trained....they hurt

I'm just afraid you're being too hard on your elbows by not being close enough to the bag or by locking your elbows out too much. I'd hate to see you get hurt or discouraged.

I've been doing this a LONG time and even I still get soreness in my elbows....mine is more from 'hyperextending' my elbow when sparring, and I think it is when I try more of a 'quick' snappy punch (rather than digging in).

You might be a little too far away from the bag when your working out.

Top Bottom